Quitting your job/Changing careers Pre-op?

Nadurra Deb
on 6/6/12 9:52 am - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
I am seriously considering quitting my job...SOON! I've really had it with the work environment.It's just gotten too stressful. I've been doing it way too long and would rather pursue a career in graphic design which is what I already have a degree in and done some freelance. I was originally planning to stick with my current job until at least 6 months after my surgery, but cir****tances at my job have changed causing me to really be unhappy there. Now I'm thinking I need to make a career change NOW...kinda scary!

Has or did anyone else make major life changes BEFORE their surgery? I'd love to hear everyone's story if you did.

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

MargeAD
on 6/6/12 12:35 pm - CA
Not before but seriously thinking to do it now at nearly 6 months out. I a shedding pounds and stress. . .

Nadurra Deb
on 6/6/12 1:00 pm - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
That's where I figured I would be when I get to where you are...BUT I'm not feeling like that this week. My thinking WAS that I would have more confidence and energy after I lose most of my weight...strong enough to take the leap. This surgery is all about changing my life and right now I'm looking at months still until I get my surgery. I'm trying to make little changes so I'm not overwhelmed by changes after the surgery. I've been thinking that those changes needed to be only about diet and exercise and such, but today I'm feeling like big changes need to happen to everything that is not working in my life. That needs to include my career or lack there of. I'm just not so sure I can muster up the confidence right NOW. Guess I don't know if I don't try.

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 129 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 383 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 418 views