1 week post-op

Erika J.
on 6/7/12 5:38 am
Wow, what a week this has been. Surgery went good and believe it or not, I never once had the after surgery gas pains in my shoulders or stomach!!  I was so worried about that, and it never happened!  I was also warned about constipation. Totally opposite there too. Haven't left the house too much because of diarrhea. TMI?  haha  I only stayed one night and went home feeling as good as could be expected. Monday morning I was in so much pain and couldn't move. My son ended up calling 911. I was taken to the hospital where they found I had a good sized kidney stone! My luck right there!  lol   I had to stay in the hospital 2 days until I finally peed it out. They were talking about lasering it later that afternoon, so I was happy it passed.

After 2 weeks (preop diet/surgery) I am down 26 pounds. Long way to go, but I'm super excited to have lost even that much!

Does anybody find themselves asking family how their food tastes, or if its good?  I do it all the time and they just laugh.  lol  

Hope everyone has a great day!
louisamay
on 6/7/12 5:42 am
VSG on 04/27/12
A kidney stone! Oh, you poor thing!  I'm glad you're feeling good now, though.

Everything tastes so wonderful to me now! 

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

time4me2now
on 6/7/12 5:47 am
VSG on 05/24/12
What a double-whammy!  Glad to see you are keeping your sense of humor.

HW 266  SW 243  CW 161  

fit2lose
on 6/7/12 5:50 am - MN
VSG on 05/07/12
at least it can only get better.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op