IS this normal?

Angel1974
on 6/26/12 3:27 am
VSG on 06/04/12
Everytime I eat my stomach hurts.  EVERYTHING hurts water, shakes, anything at all.

Just now i tried to have to tuna fish and with the first small bite i felt like i got punch in the stomach.

Follow my progress on my youtube channel
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCARrPUdk_U

Brwnizz
on 6/26/12 3:38 am
I'm sorry to heart of your discomfort. You may be taking it too fast with eating and your stomach could still very well be sensitive. I'm learning that I have to do what my stomach tells me now and not me telling my stomach what to do. I felt the same way. My MD informed me to continue liquds as much as I could get it until the pain and swelling eased. I hope you feel better and I pray that you get some resolve. I am now 4 weeks post -op and eating very soft things. It still feels a bit uncomfortable going down, which indicates that I am not chewing like I should or the food isn't as soft as it should be. It get's better. HANG IN THERE Please!
Desari63
on 6/26/12 5:03 am - Hickory Creek, TX
VSG on 02/29/12
Sounds like the tummy is not happy about the foods. You may want to talk to your dr about a PPI like Prilosec to help it calm down when you eat. I take one a day and my tummy is good to go for the most part. Remember, your tummy is trying to get used to normal foods again after you had surgery so it may be a little difficult at first.

Hang in there..it'll get better...

Barbara McKeown

kimbethin
on 6/26/12 5:32 am - CA
I agree with the eating slowly and PPI posts.  You can also try foods at different temps.  Some people can't tolerate cold foods at first and do better with warm or room temp foods.  Others have the opposite preference.  Experiment a little bit to find what feels best.  I don't think it's normal to hurt every time you eat or drink.  It's worth a call to your doc just to get his/her opinion.  I hope you feel better soon!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
AdeanaMarie
on 6/26/12 5:51 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
You need to call your surgeon's office. They need to make sure everything is okay. Pain is a symptom of something being abnormal or it could be part of the healing process too, but either way it should get better with time. Call the Dr and find out for sure. That is what they are there for.

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

rhearob
on 6/26/12 6:07 am - TN
 Kt may be a little early for Tuna Fish.  Call your surgeon.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

bigtigger1010
on 6/26/12 8:22 am - Laurel, MD
VSG on 04/05/12
if everything hurts including drinking I would deff. call ur surgeon... they may want to check and make sure u don't have a stricture... that's a narrowing in the stomach, it can be caused by various things including sum scar tissue build up... my husband had the same prob when he was about 2 wks out, they did another leak test type xray to confirm the sizing and see if there indeed was a stricture... there was, so they did an EGD/Upper G I (scope) and ballooned (expanded) the area that was narrowed and he had immediate relief and has been eating/drinking fine since... it was very easy to fix, they did keep him over night to watch him and hydrate him since he had gotten pretty dehyrated since it was so painful to drink...

Deffinately get it checked out (u shouldn't have pain with drinking that far out)... GOOD LUCK TO U!!!

HW:344  SW:329  CW:207.8  Losses: pre-op - 15/ post-op - 121.2        
M1 -  25      M2 -  18    M3 -  14.2    M4  - 11.8     M5   - 14      M6  -  9.6
M7 -  6.6     M8 -  7.0   M9 -  5.6      M10 - 7.8      M11 - 1.6+      M12- ??    

lucy2e
on 6/26/12 9:25 am - Laurel, MD
I concur with the previous posts - when in doubt, call your doc!  Better to have a false alarm then to ignore a real problem... 

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 171 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 448 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 470 views