9 days post-op/ full liquids/spasms?

RockinMama
on 7/19/12 10:22 am - Cordele, GA
VSG on 07/09/12
Hi eveyone!

First time I've posted since my surgery July 9th.  All has been well.  I am able to drink, not sip and experience no pain.  I'm also able to take pills and vits without any problems.  Believe it or not I felt better last week than I have this week.  On Tuesday, I was allowed to start on Stage 2, which is full liquid diet.  I am not doing so well with this stage.  I've had cream of chicken soup, which was okay, but I am experiencing spasms or tightening at the top of my stomach when eating cream of potato. This makes me feel as if I may not be able to move onto the pureed stage next Tuesday.  I have enjoyed drinking my Unjury Vanilla with 1% milk again.  Is these spasms or whatever they are normal?  My two sleeve sisters are doing fine at this point.

Thanks!
  5'7 CW:  306 SW: 300        
jessicae
on 7/19/12 10:26 am
 i couldn't tolerate the cream of potato.  I started with cream of chicken and strained it.  i don't remember having spasms but felt the tightening. 

Jessica              Surgery Date 9/29/11 Dr. Ian Soriano Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA          HW: 287 / Pre-Op: 280 / SW: 263.4 / CW: 161.6 GW: 145

Ms. Poker Face
on 7/19/12 10:28 am
Those cream soups might just be too thick for you at this stage. Either try thinning them down with water or milk or broth... or just sticking to protein shakes for now.

Spasms, if they continue even with thinner drinks, can be treated with meds in some cases. Check with your doc.

Good luck!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 100 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views