Sleeved day three

loveliveteach
on 8/2/12 8:04 am
So I posted yesterday morning about being sleeved and in the hospital. I hadn't had anything to drink or walked yet. Following the advise I received on OH I bugged the nurses for ice chips and to let me walk. They gave me ice chips right away and let me walk later that afternoon. I felt so much better after walking. I have issues with acid reflux so I am not sure if it is just acting up a lot with my new tummy or if I am feeling the gas from the laproscopic surgery but either way the gas pain is the worst part. My belly is just a little sore but I do not feel like I had a major surgery at all!

I am home now. Getting up and moving around often. No more pain meds by choice. Thinking about getting some gas strips or something though. I will have a visiting nurse starting tomorrow who will visit once a day until Tuesday when I go for my first post op visit. I do have two drains but they are no big deal, just a little inconvenient. I have a tutoring job that I have on Monday nights with two Autistic boys. I was planning on going but they would be so distracted by the drains sticking out of my shirt that it would be a waste of time! (They notice everything and are not afraid to point it out or ask questions!)

Anyway, I am glad to be home. Feeling good. Walking & sipping. Walking is easy and I hope the sipping will be soon too, right now it is uncomfortable every time but I have been sipping away. The protein shake I am drinking now seems to be going down a little better than the water and broth I had earlier. 

Thank you everyone for your support!! It has made this journey a breeze so far :) 

My actual goal is to be happy & healthy....doesn't matter what number that lands on.      
HW 253  VSG 7/31/12 SW233 One day & one step at a time! 
LeighAnne89
on 8/2/12 8:40 am - KY
 Is it normal to feel like when you drink your water that its like bubbling going down kinda the was 7up would do if you drank it through a straw and my stomach medicine feels like it sticks in my chest forever.... I was wondering if anyone else had that problem and if its normal?
Sleeva
on 8/2/12 9:13 am - GA
VSG on 07/19/12
Wishing you a speedy recovery
   ROMANS 12:1 
   I beseech you therefore brethern, by the mercies of God,that you present your bodies a  living sacrifice,holy and acceptable to God which is your reasonable service.

Diane W.
on 8/2/12 11:04 am
Glad you are home and I wish you a speedy recovery!!
Airpun79
on 8/2/12 11:05 am - Jacksonville, FL
Happy to hear you're doing well and good luck as we embark on this journey! -Larry

HW: 360      SW: 351             CW: 212         GOAL: 200 
Monthly Weight Loss Progression:
M1:-46 M2:-24 M3:-14 M4:-17 M5:-9 M6:-13 M7:-7 M8:-5  M9:-1 M10:-3 M11:-8 M12: -10

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views