I did it! Onederland! 175 lost, 14 months post VSG

sleevegirl
on 8/22/12 8:17 am - Austin, TX
Thanks, now to keeping it going :)

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

slimpickins5280
on 8/22/12 1:25 am, edited 8/22/12 1:26 am - CO
Wonder if your daughter has SI (Sensory Integration dysfunction). It's a hyper sensitivity to taste, smell, touch - the senses. In some kids, it can be an underactive sensitivity to the senses. If someone touches her arm, does she rub the spot? Is she a really loud talker and can't seem to bring down the volume? Does she sing or hum a lot? There are lots of other indicators.

I have an SI child and there are lots of things you can do to help them sleep. Heavy blankets, even when it's hot. Put them on an exercise ball to do homework - homework isn't a stimulant for SI kids, so sitting on an exercise ball helps them focus. Later in the evening they are calmer because they haven't had to deal with the stress of *sitting* to do homework. Have them jump on a small trampoline 200 times and count it out as they go - have them do it right before bed. DON'T have her do it before bed if it stimulates her more. Only do it before bed if jumping seems to calm her down.

Sounds like a similar issue we have from time to time with my 14 yo.

You obviously know better what's going on. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

DIsclaimer: I am not a professional. Just a mom who's dealt with that issue.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

sleevegirl
on 8/22/12 9:10 am - Austin, TX
Thanks for the note. My older child had some SI issues that he seems to have outgrown (or either the real Innattentive ADHD and social anxiety disorder diagnosis and help is really what did it). Unfortunately, I have no clue. She's so NORMAL. Seriously, she's the most normal 9 year old you've ever met. We can't figure it out. The doctor doesn't know either. We did a blood draw to see if anything looks weird there. Shrug. She slept last night though! I'm hoping we've broken the trend. It's only been going on a month. She's never been a great sleeper, but never had total insomnia before. I was really losing my mind.

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

slimpickins5280
on 8/22/12 10:55 am - CO
I hope you get it figured out.

Kids not sleeping is BAD.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

sleevegirl
on 8/22/12 12:15 pm - Austin, TX
Yes. I'm not sure if it's harder on her or me. I'm hoping that last night was NOT a fluke. She still looks tired, but I'm hoping if we can get a few good nights in her, it will break the pattern and she'll catch up a little. A month is SUCH a long time to go on such little sleep. Poor kid.

Sleeva
on 8/22/12 8:53 am - GA
VSG on 07/19/12
Thank you for this great post and congratulations on your success!
   ROMANS 12:1 
   I beseech you therefore brethern, by the mercies of God,that you present your bodies a  living sacrifice,holy and acceptable to God which is your reasonable service.

sleevegirl
on 8/22/12 9:11 am - Austin, TX
Thanks... now to keep the momentum going :)

bekahler
on 8/22/12 9:16 am - Parkville, MD
 I just did a HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY Dance all around my kitchen for you!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"There are no Strangers Here, Only Unmet Friends" ~Helen Keller        

sleevegirl
on 8/22/12 9:36 am - Austin, TX
Thanks sweetie. I was doing all kinds of dances this morning... once I finally believed the scale LOL

goingforit1
on 8/22/12 9:25 am
VSG on 02/04/12 with
HUGE congrats to YOU!!! And that just goes to show us that the "one year" expiration date on losing just ISN'T SO! Seems as long as you stay on plan you can lose as long as you need to!

I'm super impressed and very happy for you! YOU are a beautiful woman!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 87 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 301 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 348 views