Bento Box

fearon1931
on 8/27/12 6:28 am
 Hi everyone!  I saw on the egg face blogs that she uses Bento Box meals for lunch. Does anyone else do this? Does it help?  I am a teacher and will be returning to work next week. I need to be ready. There are always too many tempting treats at work!
Phatchick
on 8/27/12 6:35 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12
 Before I lost my job I used a bento box for the day and a thermas for my home-made beef broth i ate daily for a snack. I got my bento at amazon and have seen them recently at Marshalls and TJ Maxx. 

I dont think it matters where or how you store your food. What is important is preparation for the week so you have the food available and a handy storage unit to store it in. I prefer an insulated soft lunch bag with a mechanism to keep everything cold like a freezee. I want to store my Preimer protein drinks in my to go bag and cannot with a bento. I also like to bring a couple large frozen bottles of water with me and cannot with a bento. 

Whatever you do, just be prepared, know what works for you,  and you will be fine.

Best,

Sharon

fearon1931
on 8/27/12 8:47 am
 Thanks Sharon!!! I will keep all of that in mind. 
neecie1123
on 8/27/12 7:08 am - NC
 Skip the bento box, made in china and full of chemicals for your food to absorb and way to pricey for what you get.  Check out "Fit & Fresh" items.  No chemicals and each container comes with its own little ice pack.  Lucky Vitamins has the best price I've found.

fearon1931
on 8/27/12 8:48 am
 Thanks I will check that out!
Phatchick
on 8/27/12 9:12 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12
 love that!

julesGA
on 8/27/12 4:53 am, edited 8/27/12 4:53 am - Brunswick, GA
 I have a container fetish and particularly love bentos and lunch-type boxes.  Bentos help me in two ways:   they are visually appealing and make the meal just a little but more special.  Secondly, because they are so small our small portions fit in them nicely..I hate having a big container with a little bit of food in it!  

Before surgery I often times used a Mr. Bento food jar for lunch.    Now I use Mr. Bento for breakfast and lunch and sometimes a snack too!  

I also have a couple like this but I think they are slightly smaller.  

This one is a fav too but I stick a bottle of water in it rather than use the silly square bottle.  

fearon1931
on 8/27/12 5:40 pm
 Thanks I will check it out!
happyteacher
on 8/27/12 4:17 pm
 Love them!!!!  They are really perfect for school.  I have several for work, but here is my favorite at the moment:

http://www.amazon.com/Lock-Rectangular-Containers-Locking-1- 4Cup/dp/B0043YIG8C/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1346109312&sr=8-9& keywords=bento+box 

They really help to keep lunches interesting.  1 spot a few bing cherries, another a few slices of cucumbers, a third cottage cheese.  The larger can hold more entree type fair or soup.  The water bottle is tiny relatively speaking, but if you mix a shake at home this would be a nice size for it.  

Many Japenese versions are not bpa free, dishwasher safe, or microwave safe so if that is something you want be sure it is listed specifically. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

fearon1931
on 8/27/12 5:42 pm
 Thanks I will check that out and make sure I look for bpa free.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views