On to pureed...any recipes?

Melanie D.
on 9/17/12 9:17 am
On to pureed!!! I have sooo been craving turkey chili....I'm going to put it in my blender with some beef broth and a touch of low fat sour cream.....

How pureed does it have to be?  And how pureed do refried beans have to be?

Any suggestions, tips, or recipes that got any of you through this phase?

Thanks!!!
Mel

ButterflyAnna
on 9/17/12 9:27 am
VSG on 07/02/12
Who would think pureed food would sound so delicious right?! Definitely check with your doctor and nut, but when I was on pureed I lived on greek yogurt, lowfat/ff cottage cheese, refried beans, string cheese (yes, was on my pureed plan!), stage 1 baby food fruit, and some chicken in the crockpot which I pureed. According to my nut my food needed to be the consistency of applesauce.. I also made the "famous" ricotta bake which was delicious. Check out theworldaccordingtoeggface.com -- great recipes for every stage.

Anna

Melanie D.
on 9/17/12 9:39 am
Thanks!! I will def check out that web site! String Cheese is on my list, do you puree that or just chew it really well??
ButterflyAnna
on 9/17/12 9:45 am
VSG on 07/02/12
No need to puree the string cheese...just chew it really well. After a liquid diet, it will be the most delicious thing you've ever had! LOL!

red42897
on 9/17/12 12:27 pm
VSG on 08/20/12
 I really like white northern kidney beans or cannellini beans (I think they are the same thing), drain the can put in the food processor, drizzle in a tad olive oil, throw in some sea salt (probably should go light on this and can use regular salt), then a dash of lemon juice (if you have real lemons all the better). This was the first thing I ate after I got on purees and it was heavenly. I ate it for a few days.  I couldn't (still can't) eat enough to get into the too many carb range.

HW:280 SW: 259 CW: 181.2

lisa2job
on 9/17/12 1:08 pm - WA
VSG on 09/06/12
my Dr does have me going to pureed....  I did clears for 3 days ,  then liquids for 2 weeks  inwhich I have  a few more days of,    then I  move on to "soft food "  she told me to chew everything at least 20 times before swallowiing......

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views