snack suggestions

indra35
on 9/19/12 4:47 pm
i have been eating and drinking like im supposto and have been snacking on a few almonds baby bell cheese string cheese and some beef jerkey. Does anyone have any other suggestions to snacks that are easy, and how bout soups for the winter every can soup ive looked at has way to many carbsand little protein,any advice would be great thanks
mimij
on 9/19/12 4:52 pm - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12

Elina has lots of soup recipes. Add her as a friend. Sparkrecipes.com is another place you can go to look at soup recipes.

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

ERnurseMN
on 9/19/12 4:53 pm - MN
I just got Ostrim sticks off of amazon and they are the bomb!  They are like a slimjim but made of ostrich and beef.  The are high protein/low carb and 80 cals per stick.  One stick is a perfect snack for me at 4 months out.  I keep them in my bag and they don't need to be refridgertated.  Less sodium than beef jerky.   I haven't tried almonds yet because the calories intimidate me!  I struggle with snacks too.  I also LOVE sabra red pepper hummus with celery. 

CW 232 SW 219    m1-17 m2-14 m3-13 m4-6 m5-9  
econtiff
on 9/19/12 7:23 pm - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
I do cut up cauliflower and celery. I use FF Greek yogurt and mix it with ranch dressing packet then dip.

Makes it way better than just ranch since you're getting protein in. Also, anything can be a snack. If you are hungry, have a few slices of deli meat or boiled egg whites.
indra35
on 9/19/12 8:29 pm
 Thanks for the ideas
cece58
on 9/19/12 9:27 pm - CA
 I buy those mini cucumbers at Costco and slice about 4 of them into quarters. Then I squeeze some fresh lime juice and grind some sea salt on them. The are crunchy and delicious, have some fiber in them and really, really low cal. They come in a package with about 20 cucumbers inside.  Yummy.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us"
Lisa

kitsyb
on 9/20/12 8:17 am - Mobile, AL
VSG on 01/23/12
As far as winter soups, Sunday I threw some browned ground turkey & onions into a crock pot with a can of northern beans and a can of oregano, basil & garlic diced tomatoes with some seasonings and it made the best soup!  I can see where it would be good to add some kale or swiss chard and fresh parmesan to it also!  I have been eating on it all week long and still not tired of it.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 264 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views