Super nauseated!

myveryownjet
on 10/7/12 12:31 am - LA
Had surgery on Friday. I am not able to keep anything down. I've been given Reglan, Ativan, Zofran and Phenegran. Doctor won't discharge until I hold water done. Any advice? Sound familiar? Very, very frustrating!
emelar
on 10/7/12 1:07 am - TX
Sorry about your nausea. Hopefully, it'll get better soon. Sounds like, drug-wise, the doc is trying everything possible. See if they'll stick a scopolamine patch on you and see if that helps. Also, try drinking things that are warm. For some reason, that often sits better in the swollen belly.
NeedsSleep
on 10/7/12 3:21 am - IL
VSG on 09/20/12
 Ask the doctor for 100% pure grape juice.  It worked for me!  Good luck.  It WILL get better!

HW: 292 - SW: 237 - GW: 165

(the first 55 lbs. was from Weight Watchers, over 2 years)

dianne220
on 10/7/12 3:23 am - TX
VSG on 10/02/12
 My surgery was on Tuesday and the same thing happened to me.  They had to take me off all pain meds and give me a pheergan suppository.  They said it was the pain meds causing most of my nauseau.  Good luck!  I was there 2 nights.  
(deactivated member)
on 10/7/12 3:37 am
I had the surgery on oct. 3.  I am still in the hospital.  All the dr keeps saying is thar i am still swollen.  Is there anything I can do to speed it along?  Is there anything i can do speed it along.  I walk a lot .  It seems to me that i am not getting a straight answer. 
grannymedic1
on 10/7/12 8:04 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12
Swelling is a big thing. I was  extremely swollen and could only get in 1/4 tsp. at a time and that came up. I BS'd my way to discharge after 4 days and wished I hadn't. I got extremely dehydrated and had to have 2 big IV bags of fluid plus some Decadron to help reduce the swelling, plus vitamins. This happened a total of 5 times for me, but I had a rough time.

My advice? Stay put and let them work it out. When they mention swelling it isn't a run around.
(((((Hugs))))) I hope you improve quickly from here out.
Sue

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 106 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 334 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 383 views