Was Sleeved 10/10

Michael L.
on 10/15/12 11:25 am - Fall River, MA
Just Got home today. Pain is still a little rough but I hear it gets better every day.
I had my Sleeve done by the Most Amazing, Wonderful, Sweetest, Caring, Surgeon in the World, Dr. Nicole Pecquex.

My hospital experience was wonderful. St. Elizabeth's Medical Center in Brighton, MA just outside of Boston is a pretty nice place. I had to be admitted 3 days earlier and put on Heparin and taken off Coumadin to prevent bleeding during surgery.

I want to Thank everyone on here for things they recommend bringing like GAS-X strips. (Life Saver) Chapstick, I also was required to stay a few extra days so i brought my own protein shakes and isopure from home. I knew i was gonna be there for stage 3 eating. For anyone going to St. E's they use Glucerna protein drinks. NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I brought Ultra Pure Protein, OH Yeah, and the Alpine Punch by Isopure.

I'm still trying to figure out drinking 1oz over the course of 15mins
or taking 45 minutes to drink 4oz of a protein shake.
Some of my vetran friends tell me to use a med cup for fluid for practice

I welcome all your tips for my 5 days post op going forward.

I will be posting like crazy now that its completed

Thanks my Sleeve Family

hw 500  sw 462  cw 383     

Sarah W.
on 10/15/12 11:40 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 09/27/12
Congrats!! First week is tough. Not gonna lie. But it does get better each day. Try a med cup, yes. Try diff temps too.

Sarah 5'3" VSG 9/27/12 KC Bariatric Center. Find me on MFP! Sarah829522.  

danixbanani
on 10/15/12 12:10 pm, edited 10/15/12 12:12 pm - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with
 I was sleeved on the 12th.  I had to have a ng tube in my nose, a drain, and a catheter.  Talk about annoying.  I've been home for a day now and I'm already feeling better.  I think once you're home you can really begin the healing.  I took a 15 min walk today with my husband and let me tell you that made me feel ten times better!! Sipping is grating on my nerves but I just continually keep a drink in my hands!   Good luck!!!

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

EliseG
on 10/15/12 12:44 pm - MA
Congrats!
Sip, walk, rest, repeat!

Michael L.
on 10/15/12 12:48 pm - Fall River, MA
On October 15, 2012 at 7:44 PM Pacific Time, EliseG wrote:
Congrats!
Sip, walk, rest, repeat!
My surgeon told ne to walk like crazy when I got home as she did her rounds this morning before discharging me. I forgot to ask, how many mins a day = crazy

Any of you have the answer to that formula?

hw 500  sw 462  cw 383     

kristen D.
on 10/16/12 12:24 am - Middletown, NY
VSG on 09/25/12

i think it's as much as your comfortable with. As far/long as you can go. just be sure to rest when you need to, and keep on sipping!

Michael L.
on 10/16/12 12:25 am - Fall River, MA
Thank You so much!

hw 500  sw 462  cw 383     

Shagdoll
on 10/16/12 1:29 am
Congrats Michael on being sleeved!!!  Sounds like you are doing awesome.  Like the posts above say... sip, walk, rest, repeat.  One of the biggest compilications the 1st month for VSGers is dehydration but with some determination you can avoid it.  It's a pain in the rear but totally doable.  I used to literally have my water bottle blued to my hand... I even took it with me to the bathroom!  Sorry TMI but it's true!
Take care of yourself!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views