Exercise and Protein

panda45
on 10/15/12 7:48 am
 Yay!!!  I made it one week!!!! I am starting to feel better and want to have everything ready for my upcoming apointment. I am hoping I come off liquid and can actually chew something soon. My questions are what do you do for exercise?  Activities and time. I am sure I will not turn into a gym junkey ( I seriously dont have the time for that) but I do want to exercise and I want what I do to actually work. The protein, I see where mant peopke that have had their surgeries a very long time ago still have daily protein shakes. Why is that...
Sutterbos
on 10/15/12 1:35 pm
VSG on 06/21/12
I do water aerobics, Curves gym, and walk a lot.  I like to change it up so I don't get bored.  Water aerobics is 60 minutes twice a week, and Curves is 30 minutes once a week.

My sister is 1 1/2 years out and still drinks a protein shake every day because she likes them.  Tosses some fruit in there and has it for breakfast.  I'm only 4 months out and still use shakes because my stomach can be finicky some days and it's an easy way to get in quality protein and fluid. 

PBJ
on 10/15/12 1:50 pm
I am over 2 years out and just started doing protein shakes again about 1 month ago.  I found myself gaining about 9 lbs and wanted to get back to the basics fast.  So I did it for several days....as 2 meals a day...and I found that I really liked them again.  The pure protein choc. one ...and then I also found that it curbed my appetite.  After 2 years out...you are hungrier...never hungry like before but more than a year ago that is for sure.  So I have been having them for breakfast  most days...they are 35 grams of protein  (the can from trader joes)..and it has really made a difference on the scale and in my appetite...so I am going back to them for about a meal a day...not every day but alot of them.
Never thought I would actually say I enjoy them..but I do!  By the way..>I do exercise 4 days in the am and have my protein shake after I exercise.

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 57 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 57 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 230 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 305 views