Personal water drought... I'm gonna dry up!

CindyGuice
on 10/28/12 10:14 am - GA
Revision on 02/13/12
I need help!!!!!!! I have had NO water today, only coffee. I don't know what has been wrong lately, I haven't been drinking much water at all. I really think that coffee, well the all of the splenda I put in it, has been hendering my weight loss. I just have no hankering for water like I use to. I would rather drink nothing than fix myself a glass of water I need to seriously fix this! I need to throw my coffee pot away!!! Lol I know that just plain old water is best for us, but do you think if I split my water needs for the day with water mixed with something like MIO would be ok? I only have 15 pounds to go to get to my personal goal and I don't want coffee, or should I say artificial sweetner, to be the reason I don't get there. Any ideas for my water drought would be sooooo greatly appreciated! Thanks you guys!

KnitsByMama
on 10/28/12 10:21 am - MO
VSG on 10/16/12

Coffee dehydrates you, which means you should be drinking MORE water to counteract the coffee. YIKES. Water with any flavorings would be fine, MIO, Crystal Light, SF Koolaid, PowerAde Zero or Propel. They are all good ways to keep you hydrated. 

CindyGuice
on 10/28/12 10:24 am - GA
Revision on 02/13/12
Wow! I did not know that! Thanks for the info!! That makes me wanna get rid of it even more!

TSinNC
on 10/28/12 10:35 am
VSG on 08/16/12

I found myself not liking plain water after surgery, and adding different flavoring really helps. Try a bunch until you find what works for you.

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

CindyGuice
on 10/28/12 10:37 am - GA
Revision on 02/13/12
So y'all think that flavored water will work just as well as plain water? I guess as long as I'm hydrated something is better than nothing right?

mimij
on 10/28/12 11:23 am - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12
On October 28, 2012 at 5:37 PM Pacific Time, CindyGuice wrote:
So y'all think that flavored water will work just as well as plain water? I guess as long as I'm hydrated something is better than nothing right?

My doctor and nutritionist are both in favor of crystal light, mio and that kind of thing. I asked if this is as good as plain water when calculating water intake and they said yes.

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

Laci M.
on 10/28/12 11:59 am
VSG on 10/09/12

I have the same problem with water.  It just doesn't seem as refreshing as it used to.  However, I'm finding that Propel grape water is really easy to drink and the strawberry watermelon Mio is really good, too.  I never used to like flavored water and now it's the only thing that makes me feel hydrated!!

JRthinner
on 10/28/12 1:28 pm

Strawberry watermelon sounds good.  I never heard of Mio.  where do you buy it?  I also have difficutly getting down my water.  JRThinner

Cindi A.
on 10/28/12 12:27 pm - Vancouver, Canada
VSG on 11/26/12

I drop flavoured herbal tea bags into my pitcher of ice water. Flavours like lemon zinger, peach passion, black cherry and apple cranberry. The variety is endless and they are not sweet. No artificial sweeteners, no calories, no carbs, no caffeine!

If you want a stronger flavour just put a tea bag into your glass of ice water.

It's so easy because you can carry a few bags in your purse and you'll always be prepared!

centurycard     

Surg: Nov. 26/12 1st Goal: Lose 100lbs Reached Feb. 14/14 New Goal: 135lbs

Laci M.
on 10/29/12 3:54 am
VSG on 10/09/12

You can buy Mio at Walmart and probably any big grocery store.  The following link is for the Mio products...at least you can browse them and make yourself familiar with the product so you can find it easier at the store.  I'm drinking the Strawberry Watermelon right now.  It's so good!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 258 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views