Well intentioned Christmas givers getting on my last nerve.

(deactivated member)
on 12/16/12 10:37 pm
VSG on 06/04/12

A little while ago my grandmother gave me 3 lbs of homemade fudge for Christmas, 1/2 of which was peanut butter (OMG). Last week my boss's elderly mother brought me in a big snowman tub of homemade Chex Mix. My other job gave me a gift certificate to a very unhealthy bakery. During the day I work for a small law office and the building we lease space in is above a bank and the bank's branch manager gave me chocolates from an expensive local choclatier. Two of the bank tellers brought me gift bags of homemade candy. This morning I came in and there was a large gift basket of chocolates sitting on my desk from our cleaning company! And I have 5 Christmas parties this week, I'm sure there's more junk to come. I swear if I get another unhealthy piece of crap hung in front of my face while I'm trying to shed these last ten pounds I'm going to lose it!!! I know I should be grateful, thankful, blah blah blah, but it's starting to get difficult to not have "just one piece" when it's constantly being paraded in front of me. Furthermore, I don't want to insult anyone, especially work colleagues. I am bowing out of the bank's Christmas party, which is an all day buffet. I have self control and have done well, but man, no wonder people gain weight this time of year.

You know the weird thing? Everyone knows I had surgery. I've been very open about it. I know no one is being intentionally harmful, but I'm getting irritated. Ok. Done ranting. I just put the chocolates in my file cabinet and I'm locking that **** up. 

sleevegirl
on 12/16/12 10:44 pm - Austin, TX

Regift them LOL

Or open them and put it in the employee lounge.

I send it all with my husband to work (I own a business, work at home)... he works at a school, he puts it in the employee lunch room and it disappears. LOL

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

(deactivated member)
on 12/16/12 11:22 pm
VSG on 06/04/12

Buhahaha, I already re-gifted the gift certificate to the bakery . They make the BEST canolli's and I knew it shouldn't remain in my possession too long! The Chex-Mix went to my kids. I freakin love that stuff, anything salty and crunchy, mmmm....

I work two different jobs so I'm pretty sure the candy/chocolates given to me at one will end up in the break room of the other one!

sleevegirl
on 12/17/12 3:12 am - Austin, TX

Yup, just GET RID OF IT! Gone, Gone, Gone!!!

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Keith L.
on 12/17/12 1:42 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

What type of business do you own? I own a web design and software development company.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

sleevegirl
on 12/17/12 3:16 am - Austin, TX

I own/do several things. LOL. The one that makes money is OffAssist, a bookkeeping firm - http://offassist.com - Been in business over 10 years.

I also co-founded The Virtual Assistance League (for people that work remotely, owning their own businesses, etc), so I do that for "fun" - it's a membership organization and we have a retreat coming up and all kinds of stuff. I enjoy that, so that's for fun and one day it will break even. LOL

I also do reviews at candysraves.com and video blog (well, one day I will again) at 2minuteswithava.com - those don't really make any money, but are more hobbies :)

Nikke2003
on 12/17/12 8:50 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Nice, Keith! I do freelance work on the side (full time job is at Penn State) conducting software training and creating software video tutorials. Kind of in the same family of work lol! I so wish that I had web design skills!!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

happyteacher
on 12/17/12 1:48 am
On December 17, 2012 at 6:44 AM Pacific Time, sleevegirl wrote:

Regift them LOL

Or open them and put it in the employee lounge.

I send it all with my husband to work (I own a business, work at home)... he works at a school, he puts it in the employee lunch room and it disappears. LOL

Teachers eat friggin' anything I swear.  There will be the nastiest crap sitting in our lounge and somebody always eats it.  bleh!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

sleevegirl
on 12/17/12 3:16 am - Austin, TX

Yup. The teachers never let me down... I just tell him "here, take this to work". LOL

louisamay
on 12/17/12 12:09 am
VSG on 04/27/12

Take it to the first party you go to and hand it to the hostess.

(except your grandmother's fudge, but I say that because I want it)

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 90 views