18 hours and counting...

sleeplessteacher
on 12/25/12 4:25 am - MI
VSG on 12/26/12

Surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning.  I am expecting tough times ahead, but very excited for the changes.  All of your posts have encouraged me as I prepared for the big event.

Merry Christmas!!

SW: 252 CW: 170  GW:160

mickeymantle
on 12/25/12 4:47 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

hope it is easier than you expect

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

KELLY H.
on 12/25/12 6:26 am - Greenbrier, TN
VSG on 12/26/12

Good luck! I will be right there with you at 7 am central time.  I just had my second cup of broth of the day. Not hungry at all today but thirsty for something other than water. 

marydan
on 12/25/12 7:16 am - NY

I'm on tomorrow too, so will be thinking of you guys. Was actually having doubts this morning - until I had my husband take my photos for this site . Yup, one look and the doubts were gone! I am doing the right thing and I do know my life will be so much better. I am hoping what lies ahead goes as easily as this 9 day liquid diet has gone winkGood luck!

karken5245
on 12/25/12 7:50 am

Surgery is scheduled for the 27th.  I am to go to hospital tomorrow to finalize all paperwork and meet with nutritionist BUT we have a blizzard warning  and it is really snowing now!  I might not be able to make the appointment tomorrow but sure hope the surgery is still on for Thursday.  We don't usually have that much snow so it can shut down things in a hurry around here.

Trying not to worry. just hoping that we don't lose power!  Anyone else afraid that weather might affect surgery date this week?

disneylvr1
on 12/25/12 8:09 am

We will all have to keep up with each other. I will be going in for my surgery Thurs 12/27. I have to arrive at 5:30a and surgery is at 8:30a. I'm getting a little nervous. I hope all goes well with all your procedures. Let's meet up on the losers bench!

seejo
on 12/25/12 8:25 am - AR
VSG on 12/20/12

My surgery was the 20th.  I've done just fine except for terrible gas pains under my ribs and across my chest.  It's been the worst today.  Make sure you walk a lot.  You will be very thirsty right out of surgery with a dry mouth.  Take fluids in easy. 

ready2liveat50
on 12/25/12 8:51 am

Keep your eye on the Goal! I promise it is worth it! Dawn 

chubby_cinderella
on 12/25/12 10:44 am
VSG on 01/28/13
Good luck! Mine is in 5 weeks and I'm so excited!
busboss1
on 12/25/12 11:22 am
VSG on 12/18/12

Good Luck to ALL of you. I had my sleeve done on Dec. 18th. Waking up in the recovery room, I had pain but they gave me the pain meds and later when they got me to my room, I ended up only taking half the prescribed meds for pain and I was up and walking less than 7 hours after my surgeon was done. As the one girl said, I had a very dry mouth for about 24 hours and drank as much as I could. My only real problem is when cold water hits the sleeve, I get a slight pain where my ribs come together. My advice, WALK as much as you can as soon as you can and worry about the fluids first before the protein. My surgeon was a cutie and told me, "this is going to change your life"! Again, GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!!!!

Starting weight-244.4   Currently-145.2   Surgeon goal-150   My own goal-140        

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 271 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views