YIKES! Up 10# - Time to get back to work! My Plan To Success...Thoughts???

tinamarie47
on 1/20/13 8:00 am - Hot Springs, SD

WOW! Put in crap and you will gain...I have gained 10# since Thanksgiving...eating crap. What was I thinking??? I have definitely learned a valuable lesson early on....you have to remain consistent!  No magic pill....back to the "lifestyle" that was successful for me to lose 161#.  Any words of encouragement are kindly welcome!

1. Have a plan for social events broken heart

2. LOG everything I eat!

3. Protein, protein, protein

4. water, water, water

5. EXERCISE minimum 5X a week!

6. weigh every morning to stay focused to the days goal of healthy choices

7. set reasonable & attainable goals

8. join forces with someone who cares about you and your success

9. remain confident and steadfast

10. give yourself permission 1 day a week for a "freebie" indulgence

11. get plenty of rest...yes

12. give support to someone else - law of reciprocation

MOST IMPORTANT...thank God above all else...even for your setbacks because through those we learn! laugh

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.   Phil: 4:13    View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
gorditabonita
on 1/20/13 8:10 am - Springfield, VA
VSG on 01/23/13 with

I love your list and I know that you can do this!!!! Your mind is already in the right place, so the scale won't be far behind. 

HW - 287 (12/2007); GW - 165; CW - 164....proudly wearing a size 8!On my journey from LapBand to VSG.....LapBand on 12/19/07, LapBand removal on 8/8/12 and sleeve on1/23/13! Consider joining me at Band2Sleeve!( http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Band2Sleeve/)  Friend me on MyFitnessPal too! I'm gorditabonita74.

AppyGrl
on 1/20/13 8:20 am
VSG on 01/23/13

Well stated! I can't wait to get there.

starry957
on 1/20/13 8:21 am

Great list - especially your last sentence.  That verse is one I've had with me since surgery day! 

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

tinamarie47
on 1/20/13 8:24 am - Hot Springs, SD

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement!  Hopefully my "stumble" can help someone down the line learn what NOT to do...

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.   Phil: 4:13    View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
(deactivated member)
on 1/20/13 10:09 am

What is so important is that you are stopping it now and not letting it become 15, 20, or 30! Good message for those following behind you. Thanks!

tinamarie47
on 1/20/13 10:11 am - Hot Springs, SD

Yes...it could very easily get to be the 15, 20 or more in the blink of an eye. It is definitely a lesson in where letting old bad habits creep back in can get you so fast! Thanks!

Lynnegetsbrave
on 1/20/13 1:34 pm

Remember we are human therefore we make mistakes...the definition of success in the counseling world is this:  When you fall back into old behaviors and you don't stay there as long...you are successful.   So, by that definition you are successful...you changed not only your lifestyle but your thought pattern.  Good for you!

tinamarie47
on 1/20/13 10:05 pm - Hot Springs, SD

Thank you so much! I really do feel successful. The "old" me would have fallen apart and just given up while "trashing" myself along the way. Now I feel empowered to take the bull by the horns and re-acquire my goal I worked so hard to achieve. I have a tattoo I got right after I attained my goal which reads in Japanese:

TRUTH

FAITH

DESIRE

ACHIEVE

so with that said...time to get to work!

Most Active