Too early???

MomofKDW
on 2/5/13 10:11 am
Tomorrow will be one week since surgery... I think I am doing really great getting liquids down. 50oz takes me until about 4:00pm. I decided to try 2oz of almond milk Sunday evening with lots of gurgling and bubbles to follow. So then I tried soy milk yesterday, again 2oz, with the same results. I decided maybe it was the brand so switched from Silk to Walmart's brand today, again 2oz of soy. Same results. It's a heavy feeling, not exactly nausea but nausea at the same time; lots of rumbles, gurgling, pressure, etc.. Am I trying too hard too soon? I really wanted to try to get to the protein part of my program tomorrow.

VSG: 1/30/13

Height: 5'6 HW: 276, Pre-op: 263, SW: 249.5

Machelle.K
on 2/5/13 10:20 am - WA
VSG on 11/06/12

Remember you just had major surgery and things are still swollen, thus it takes work for thicker liquids to go down. Take it slow but more importantly drink your water. I had gurgling into the 3rd week post op, just take it slow. Good luck!

Machelle 11/6/2012 with Dr. Houseworth WA

MomofKDW
on 2/5/13 10:34 am
Thank you - just was thinking if water goes down this easy, let's up the ante. I am always in a hurry I need to be patient!!!

VSG: 1/30/13

Height: 5'6 HW: 276, Pre-op: 263, SW: 249.5

Kelly-AnneH
on 2/5/13 12:48 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
Although almond and soy milk don't look "thick" they're most definitely thicker than water, and you currently have a very swollen sleeve that is noticing that thickness. Anything you drink right now should be as thin as water or milk - anything thicker is going to travel through your sleeve very slowly and cause the whole nausea/gurgly thing.

Buy yourself some unflavoured whey and mix it with a sf drink you like. In fact - mix it with twice the amount as the package says. By keeping it very thin you'll find it goes down much easier.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views