Help! TMI lol

Lindsey72386
on 2/1/13 1:26 am - IN

Last night I had diarrhea and I've had it a couple times today as well. I was sleeved on the 29th and didn't know if that's normal or not? I'm also havin a har time sipping water! I'm not in pain I'm just more uncomfortable than anything so I'm tryin to stay off the pain meds. I walk around quite a bit as well. Any ideas on how to get my liquid in? I just have no desire to drink or eat anything at all! Blahhh I feel like I'm behind!

thanks in advanced for the help

rockymtnrobbi
on 2/1/13 1:34 am
VSG on 01/14/13

Diarrhea is completely normal. They say to "never trust a fart". And it's true. I had diarrhea, with extreme cramping and then some solid stool. TMI, I know, but it is what it is. I've been normal for a few weeks now. I had my sleeve on January 14th. I have only found one thing that didn't agree with me and that was broccoli & cheese soup. As far as drinking... It's hard at first. Just take tiny sips.. I am now able to take a half swig, not quite a mouthful without it hurting. It's still very hard for me to get all my water in. Good luck!

Lindsey72386
on 2/1/13 1:41 am - IN

I totally understand the whole "never trust a fart" saying lol I had cream of mushroom soup last night but I did strain it and it went down fine but I'm wondering if that's what's causing the diarrhea. I'll keep forcing myself to sip then. Thanks for the feedback!

AppyGrl
on 2/1/13 1:39 am
VSG on 01/23/13

Have you tried different temp liquids? Maybe decafe flavored hot teas? Also set a timer. I hated the hubs the first 2 days I did this but it really helped set a cadence for sipping. Also can ask your doc prescribe a dissolvable anti- nausea med? 

Hope you feel better soon!

Lindsey72386
on 2/1/13 1:45 am - IN

I've tried ice cold water and room temp water and I can handle both it's just I don't have the desire to drink anything. My doctor prescribed me zofran for the nausea and it does help I'm just tryin to get off the meds and take Tylenol if needed.

AppyGrl
on 2/1/13 1:55 am
VSG on 01/23/13

I see your point of not wanting to be on meds. Have you tried warm to hot? I was ok getting liquids down with room temp but it seemed to settle easier warm. I really do hope that you are able to find something comfortable.

Keith L.
on 2/1/13 2:43 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Enjoy it while it lasts. In a couple of weeks you will be back here asking why you can't go at all.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Dstc_99
on 2/1/13 3:25 am - WA
VSG on 08/13/12

For the first two or three months I had diarrhea off an on. Then I went in to a period of constipation. Now I would say that I am getting back to my normal routine.

laDeelila
on 2/2/13 3:15 am - NJ

You definitely need your fluids. Especially if you are having diarrhea. That will dehydrate you and cause all kinds of problems. I had trouble with plain water as well. I had to add a touch of flavoring to it like very diluted crystal light. I still don't drink plain water and I am 4 weeks out. It gets easier and you can eventually take larger sips. Don't gulp, very small sips. I also used hot tea. It kept me from gulping. The hot liquid was great for my sleeved and it was easier to get the liquids in. Try messing with the temp of your liquids. Worry about liquids first, you will get to food eventually. I'm on soft foods now and my doc said to eat around your drinking. 

Just two cents from a fellow newbie :)

ps.... when you get to foods. Try it one day at a time and stay home for a bit! LOL I almost had an accident in my car after trying my first scrambled egg! Yikes!

'Deneen

Excited and thankful to be on this rollercoaster of a journey!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 292 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views