Dinnerware

maggienoella
on 3/11/13 3:25 am
What are some pretty choices for petite dinnerware?

I used to scoff at the idea of small plates but have changed my mind.

Now, where to get pretty stuff?
Even stark white is ok.
Thanks
Miss150
on 3/11/13 3:37 am
If you are looking for single place settings or pieces, check out ebay- lots to look at, and the odd single pieces are sometimes cheap as chips.

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

cajunlady1958
on 3/11/13 3:42 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
I found a lot of small dinnerware at World Market. You can also shop local oriental shops and sometimes garage sales.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

PaulaS
on 3/11/13 4:18 am - TX

Oriental stores, World Market, Tuesday Morning all have selections.  

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
frisco
on 3/11/13 3:45 am, edited 3/11/13 3:45 am

Did you see this weeks Cafe Frisco posting at LapSF.com ?

and this thread..... Elina does pretty.....

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/VSG/4610751/Frisco-Plate-f etish-maybe/

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

maggienoella
on 3/11/13 4:01 am
That's exactly what I was looking for, Frisco...that thread. Thanks!
It's been on my mind since I saw it & I'm a believer now.
DH always plates prettier than I do. Guess I'll have to learn about that.
When it looks appealing, it is more satisfying. I finally get it.
(deactivated member)
on 3/11/13 4:22 am

Pretty is my middle name.  :)  I love beautiful china and porcelain pieces and would not imagine eating off of anything else.  Yes, I am a bit of a princess that way. 

I buy most of my dishes as Japanese high end stores.  I look for beautiful patterns and unique shapes to go along with my food.  I have special dishes for fish that are the color of blue/green water and other plates that are specific to different foods.  I have beautiful French bowls for dairy products, most specifically for my morning mood and others that speak to me at night time.  I love color and texture and it matters to me what the presentation of my food looks like. 

Connie S.
on 3/11/13 7:00 am - CA
VSG on 03/04/13
I am, admittedly, a china fanatic. I have no fewer than five full sets of dishes, including one of antique Haviland china with gorgeous floral patterns, as well as several odd pieces. I got out the tiny fruit bowls, salad plates, etc, and really love using them every day. I do have to hand wash them, but since it is just for me, it's not too much of a chore. I still need to find the right utensils, and more small measuring cups.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views