Has anyone else seen this article? I'm furious.

econtiff
on 3/20/13 7:14 am - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/losing-180-pounds-really-does-body-8212-160-163900419.html

This is so infuriating. I almost want to get all of OH on there to comment.

This woman is absurd. If you haven't found yourself it's because you haven't put the work in. Any surgeon worth anything would have recommended counseling. I go 2x/month. Plus a group support. Yes, it's tough mentally but there was so much she was missing out on at 180lbs.

The part about doing whatever you want and still losing weight? F her.
Judy_long_island
on 3/20/13 7:17 am - NY
VSG on 07/15/13

I did see it and I feel the same way you did.

econtiff
on 3/20/13 7:28 am - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
I meant before losing 180lbs. Sorry I was so mad typing it.
loverofcats
on 3/20/13 7:33 am

She probably had a bypass and a honeymoon period. Her experience is an example of why therapy is often times necessary for adjusting to such a change in body image.

"          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

GreenisLove
on 3/20/13 7:41 am - CA
VSG on 05/29/13

I saw this earlier too. What makes me upset is that out of all of the WLS outcomes that are good and how they help people get back their lives with their families, Yahoo chooses to write an article on WLS with an outcome that paints WLS as a general in a negative light. I dunno, but as long as I have been on Yahoo, I have never seen WLS featured, and for it to be featured like this, doesn't paint a fair picture to those who know nothing about WLS. 

end rant  ^.^ 

Nikke2003
on 3/20/13 7:48 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I completely agree.... I just can't wait for the people that know that I am planning to have VSG to send me this link... kind of like a "see, look... surgery didn't make her happier"

WTF, I'm already happy lol! I just want to be healthy and live life to the fullest. She definitely should have had therapy IMO

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

horrible_monster
on 3/20/13 4:31 pm
VSG on 02/27/13
Exactly, exactly, exactly.

I have a basement but don't dwell in it full time.

(deactivated member)
on 3/20/13 8:03 am - Melrose, MA
VSG on 03/11/13

I was reading a People today and came across a review of her book on the subject.  Reading the article made it quite apparent that she didn't attempt to make any changes in her emotional and psychological outlook while she was losing the weight.  I personally think that is just as important, if not more, if one feels the way she does.  I am seeing a therapist once a week to help me grow on the inside while I shrink on the outside and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Deckeriv
on 3/20/13 8:05 am - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

I read it and just chalked it up to some neurotic beeotch not knowing who or what she was. If she won the lottery, I bet she wouldn't be happy either.

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

Shagdoll
on 3/20/13 8:11 am
On March 20, 2013 at 3:05 PM Pacific Time, Deckeriv wrote:

I read it and just chalked it up to some neurotic beeotch not knowing who or what she was. If she won the lottery, I bet she wouldn't be happy either.

If I won the lottery I'd be all kinds of happy ... fat or skinny!!! 

Jenn  

WWBD?