4 weeks post-op today and....

Yocie
on 3/24/13 11:38 pm
VSG on 11/06/12

Congrat's, keep up the good work.

Ceci820
on 3/24/13 11:47 pm - TX
VSG on 03/04/13

Good Morning,  I am new to this site and I had surgery on March 4th.  Can I ask you a personal question?  Are those 40 lbs that you lost since surgery was does that include the weight you lost with your pre-op diet?  I'm just at a stall and not dropping pounds.  I sure have lost alot of inches but no weight.  I am going to start a log of what I'm eating and how much water I am drinking.  I am assuming that I'm not doing enough of either and that is why the pounds are not dropping.  I am walking 2 miles every other day.  I will be joining a support group this next month as they meet every 3rd Wednesday.  I get in these depressed moods cause I was reading other post in another site and how much everyone was losing and I have been at a stall.  I've only lost 10 lbs since surgery,  but 25 lbs since Feb

Jackie T.
on 3/25/13 12:22 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

What you are experiencing is normal.  Your body is going through a lot of changes and it will effect your moods and at times, your body will rebel and try and hang onto the weight.  Keep following your plan and the scale will move again.  You said you were going to start a log for your food.  If you don't want to recreate the wheel, you can join MyFitnessPal for free and log your food, water, weight loss, vitamins, etc and there are several from OH that are on there.  Everyone records their weight loss differently.  My ticker is the weight loss just before surgery and after.  A loss is a loss.  It is up to you on how you record it.  good Luck!

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

Ceci820
on 3/25/13 6:35 am - TX
VSG on 03/04/13

Thanks Jackie...

HilaryH8103
on 3/25/13 1:08 am - WA
You are doing just fine!!! I didn't lose anything pre-op. Well I did, I lost 9 lbs but in 3 days the 9 lbs was right back on me. I have rheumatoid arthritis & lymphedema, my doctor warned me that I was carrying about 30 lbs of water weight. I went into surgery weighing 360 lbs and within five days of surgery I was down 34 lbs. That's a lot of water. My 2nd week after surgery I put back on 9 lbs but it was all in my feet. They were full of water so I went to see my doctor & he put me on 2 diuretics (water pills). Those 9 lbs came off in 3 days + 2 additional more lbs. Finally, these last 5 days I've lost 5.6 lbs.
It's been a crazy roller coaster but I think my body has finally adjusted to the initial shock of everything so now I should just be on a steady weight loss. Hopefully anyways!!!
You should've seen the look on my face when I got on the scale after WLS & saw that I was up 9 lbs. I could've cried. My immediate thought was "Oh crap, I'm going to be the one person that WLS doesn't work on."
Everything has turned around for the best- Thank God!!!!

I also use My Fitness Pal for tracking all of my food. I love MFP!!! You can track all of your food & fluid intake along with meeting some amazing people. You can send people msgs & ask them questions just like you can on here. I actually like it better than this website. Less politics on MFP. It's full of people losing weight, being VERY supportive & healthy recipes that you can copy and save to use as your own whenever you'd like.

You've lost a lot of weight so far, be proud of yourself. Don't compare yourself to anyone else. I stalled for awhile after losing that 34lbs and I was getting very frustrated but it ended up coming off. Your weight will too.

Best Wishes to you!!!
XOXO,

Hilary
Ceci820
on 3/25/13 6:36 am - TX
VSG on 03/04/13

Thanks Hilary

jenn227
on 3/24/13 11:48 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

Woot woot!

Jenn   Highest weight: 278. Starting weight: 275. Surgery weight: 253. Month 1: 25 lbs. Month 2: 8.8 lbs. Month 3: 12.6 lbs. Month 4: 7 lbs. Onederland 7/29/2013. Month 5: 7 lbs. Month 6: 5 lbs. Months 7-9: self-induced maintenance, then 5 lb gain.

BigKev78
on 3/25/13 12:06 am - Lilburn, GA

Congrats!!  The early days after surgery are so exciting.  keep up the great work!!!

Big Kev   My video Blog: http://www.youtube.com/user/ckb1978?feature=mhee

HilaryH8103
on 3/25/13 12:38 am - WA
41.4 lbs. to be precise. I think I jumped on the scale way too early this morning.

I tried updating my ticker but I keep getting an error msg from my iPhone.

I'm expecting the weight loss to slow down really soon but as long as I'm still losing than grateful is what I'll be. It's frustrating but there's really nothing I can do about it. It slows down for all of us eventually.

Thanks everyone!!! You guys have made my morning. =)

Hilary
MuttLover
on 3/25/13 1:03 am
VSG on 11/14/12

Congrats on your success!  Keep up the good work!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views