Anyone Use A Wii Fit?

Diana E.
on 4/22/13 11:07 am
VSG on 03/27/13

We own a Wii and I was thinking about getting a Wii Fit to help get me more active.  Does anyone use it? 

1- What do I need to buy?  I have the Wii console and 2 wands, but that's it.

2-  Do you like it? 

3-  What are your favorite "games" you bought for it?

4- Any other tips regarding Wii Fit?  Obliviously I know nothing about it.

HW- 318    SW- 310    CW- 194.4    GW- 170-ish  Onderland: 10/30/2013

shrinking_sarah
on 4/22/13 11:24 am - CA

I have a wii fit.  If you choose to go that route (and since you have the console you may want to), you'll need a balance board and the wii fit game. 

I think it is ok.  If you do not want to join a gym and are a beginner, it is a good place to start.  But I do think it gets boring quickly, and it is easy to "cheat" on some things.  There are parts of it my whole family likes though (particularly the balance games).

I like Just Dance.  I hear good things about the zumba workout game and some of the jillian michaels stuff, but I don't have them.

If I were doing it again, I'd get an xbox kinect because then you don't need the controllers (wands) and I think the dancing games are more fun on it.  But if you already have the wii console just getting the balance board and software is going to be less expensive.  Also, because you hold the controller on the wii-motes, the dance/exercise stuff is a lot of arms, and I actually hurt my right shoulder from repetitive motions.

Just my 2 cents.

Sarah, VSG Dr. Cirangle--12/28/12, HW: 265 SW: 253 GW: 130???

Diana E.
on 4/22/13 1:07 pm
VSG on 03/27/13

Thanks :)  I live in a rural area.. and I'm not yet ready to commit to a gym that will take me 35-40 minutes one way. 

HW- 318    SW- 310    CW- 194.4    GW- 170-ish  Onderland: 10/30/2013

shrinking_sarah
on 4/23/13 1:23 am - CA

Then wii or x-box kinect is the way to go!

Or maybe some good workout dvds as those get too easy. :)

Sarah, VSG Dr. Cirangle--12/28/12, HW: 265 SW: 253 GW: 130???

Hopeful4
on 4/22/13 1:16 pm
VSG on 05/03/13
Just dance is a lot of fun! I totally get out of breath and sweaty with it. Even my husband does and he is on the low end of a healthy bmi! Like anything, if you put more work into it ull get the results. Enjoy!
SophieNJ
on 4/22/13 9:53 pm - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

I have Wii Fit !  I got the board for 'working out', and do the jogging, step, and boxing.....it can work up a good sweat!!  and there are so many games that come with the basic Wii, the whole family will enjoy before you want to buy other games.

good luck!

HW 275 SW 246 CW 162.5  GW 150  ( 5'1"  Over 1 1/2 inch lost in the last few yrs! LOL) lost 50 lbs on my own, stable for 3 yrs, gained back 21 during year b4 surgery.

rissa1224
on 4/22/13 10:28 pm - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

I forgot about this! I have a wii, but not the wii Fit. I wonder if I can start with this before a gym? I posted yesterday about dreading a gym. I still do. IDK what is wrong with me!

MomofMarch
on 4/22/13 11:49 pm - GA

I use the Wii Fit for Zumba and I LOOOOOOOVE it! I also have the Fit games. You will need the balance board. I also suggest getting a nung chuck or however it's spelled. Also, we have the rechargeable batteries for the board (4 AAs) and we have a charger for the controllers. If you buy them, go to a place like Gamestop or Game Crazy. You can get the games and supplies there for pretty cheap. It will save you money on having to replace batteries over and over.

My favorites are Zumba, Fit Resort, and Just Dance. On the resort game, it actually tracks how much you weigh, your balance and posture, how much you've lost, and calories you've burned. Zumba charts how many calories you've burned. I like the Zumba the most because you burn more in a shorter amount of time. The only downside is you have to use the belt. (Should come with the game if you buy it new, if you buy it used, they should have the belts there.) Basically, you strap the belt around your hips and put the wand in it. When I was bigger, I had the issue of the belt either coming off or slipping. Still A LOT of fun, though. :)

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 49 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 49 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 217 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 298 views