question

sheshemaclin
on 5/17/13 1:46 pm - IN

have anyone ever cheated on their preop liquid diet? im on day 5 and ready to give up. im so hungry. and i cant find any protein powders that i like so im barely getting in three a day. i know its gonna be over soon but my stomach dont seem to understand nor like that idea. also another question. have anyone ever been on a post op diet like mine. It says : weeks 1-2- clear liquid diet. weeks 3-8- clear liquids, protein shakes, and strained low fat cream soup. week 9- soft foods. week 10 i can start adding more foods to the soft diet and each week after add on til i can tolerate regular foods which should be by week 13 or 14. im sure ill lose weight on this diet. lol. thanks for letting me vent guys. surgery is tuesday and im getting more and more scared

Im ready to look good and feel great

Hislady
on 5/17/13 2:04 pm - Vancouver, WA

Sounds pretty normal as far as pre and post op diets. I found a protein shake I really like and I'm super picky. Until now I hadn't really liked anything and get my protein from food but I'm 5 yrs post op with the band. Anyway I got some Click powder and it is coffee flavored you might check with your surgeon to make sure it is OK because they often don't want you drinking coffee till later on. I understand Syntax I believe it is has some very tasty ones too. So you might try one of these and see how you like them.

kellied77
on 5/17/13 2:05 pm

Hang in there, every pre and post-op diet is different with different docs.  You'll get through it.

Good luck!

"The things we fear are undefeatable, not by their nature, but by our approach"

VSG on April 24, 2013 / 36 years old, 5' 7"  M1:28 M2:11 M3:14 M4:6

sheshemaclin
on 5/17/13 2:21 pm - IN

thanks guys. i just tried and poured out the click. didnt like it. i dont know what to do. im diabetic and my sugar keeps going low and i feel miserable. plus im on antibiotics for h pylori and thats making me sick to my stomach cause i dont have any food in it. but i just gotta make it to tuesday. its worth it

Stacy S.
on 5/17/13 10:56 pm - TN

I didnt like any of the proteins either... this is what I did.  I got the Adkins Protein Shakes, added 1/4 cup of splenda, a 1/4 strawberries and a scoop of Whey Protein powder.  It tastes great and it doesnt have the 'fibery' texture to it.

LVeronica
on 5/17/13 6:36 pm

So what if you don't like the protein powders.  It is what you have to do.  Suck it up for a for a few weeks.  There are lots of worse things in life than having to eat foods you don't "like".  Didn't your mother make you eat what was served whether you liked it or not? 

My surgeon recommended soft foods by week three or four, I don't quite remember now, but I seen to recall that I was able to add regular foods by week five or six.   

singdoremi
on 5/17/13 9:35 pm - NJ
I will be starting my pre-op diet on Monday. I have surgeon required shakes, but also have purchased at least 4 other brands of shakes. Just in case. Good Luck!

VSG 6/4/13
Ellen

missthingg
on 5/17/13 11:08 pm - memphis, TN
I only had a 2 week diet, but I made my own protein shake or went to smoothie king. I did, muscle milk vanilla creme, greek yogurt, skim milk and frozen fruit blend or plain frozen strawberries. Worked for me everyday twice a day.
judyhill1968
on 5/18/13 12:35 am
VSG on 12/13/12
Premier protein drinks and eas are good. I'm very picky about my drinks too. I found the RTD protein shakes are better than mixing my own. I prefer the chocolate.

sweetsue12172012
on 5/18/13 10:39 am - TX

I graduated Texas A & M on Saturday and celebrated at Red Lobster with coconut shrimp. Delicious! Then I had my surgery on that coming Monday. I was so worried because that was the only time I had cheated with my pre-op diet. Everything worked out great and it was SO worth it. I probably should not say that but it is the truth. My favorite thing to eat! I have not had coconut shrimp since my surgery but when I hit onderland in about 15 lbs I plan a trip to Red Lobster for some coconut shrimp. LOL! Now protein drinks have been a problem for me but I am quite satisfied now with coffee protein drinks from Click. They have decaf and regular. I can not tolerate their instructions which is 2 scoops so I use a whey unflavored protein and 1 scoop of Click powder. It is heavenly for me. I ventured back into the protein shakes and again I am not able to keep them down so I will try again in a few more months. You will love your sleeve! Take care of it and follow your surgeons plan and you will be so glad that you made this decision. I am rocking my sleeve and so thankful for the new lease on life that I have been given. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views