Still very swollen....

ltljennjenn
on 7/10/13 11:26 am
Ok so I'm three weeks post op now. Feel pretty good over all, still get tired easily from lack of food but that's getting better as well.
Here's my only complaint, my stomach area is still very swollen and soar. Is this normal this many weeks out?
I have lost almost 40 lbs but can't really tell yet because I'm still so swollen....any thoughts??

ltljennjennkiss

Machelle.K
on 7/10/13 2:04 pm - WA
VSG on 11/06/12

I had the same swollen area for sometime, remember you had major surgery! I continued to take a cat nap every day through about the 6 week. Let your body rest and heal the rest will come in time. I know how you feel about you can't tell you've lost 40 pounds but others will and you will to as soon as you start getting your energy level, for now rest, follow your plan and let your body heal. Hang in there...

Machelle 11/6/2012 with Dr. Houseworth WA

Denise F.
on 7/10/13 3:25 pm - Memphis, TN
VSG on 05/23/13

I am 7 weeks post op and my stomach is still a little swollen. Last night was the first night that I could actually sleep on my stomach. 

Joy M.
on 7/11/13 2:45 am
VSG on 08/06/13

Ouch, I'll be joining you in that pain in a month. Hang in there. 40 pounds is GREAT!!! I hope I have that kind of success!

Fitme_4newness
on 7/11/13 3:24 am

Fitme_4newness left the comment:
Well what help me out was the stomach binder I believe they call it... The hospital gave me one which was a light weight girdle. It held up my stomach and compressed it alittle it helped with gas air that's still inside the stomach. I'm a stomach sleeper even when I was prego so after surgery I was able to sleep on my back but once my body was comfy and I was sleep I was unaware that I ended up on my belly I was so scared being that' I was unaware after having the vsg surgery. Make a long story short by laying on my belly it relieved my pain and gas.... Walking helped as well

FITME_4NEWNESS

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 391 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views