Rude, lewd and crude!

inkslingerdiva
on 7/26/13 3:15 pm - Dumfries, VA
VSG on 01/22/11 with

I just gotta vent!

A well established client of mine was in my chair today getting several new tattoos and we were chatting about my openings in the winter to start some large scale. This client knew my pre-WLS so I felt comfortable letting him know I had plastics scheduled in December. He asked what I was having done and I told him a TT and a TL. He told me, "you might as well get breast implants while you're there. "

He was serious yet matter-of-fact. I was honestly offended.

I told him I was comfortable with my breasts and that it was not something I was interested in since I felt women of my age with implants tend to attract the wrong type of men.

Meanwhile, I have recently cut my very long hair into a bob because my mother whose hair was similarly long, cut hers severely because she in undergoing chemo and radiation for colon cancer. He told me when he first saw me I shouldn't have cut my hair. This time his assessment was, "my grey streak could easily be covered by hair-dye" and extensions are "available".

To which I replied that I'd earned my silver-hair honestly and I wasn't ashamed of my age nor my hair. At this point, I was just flabbergasted that this client felt ok telling me in essence I needed to dye my hair, get big fake boobs and hair extensions.

Although I know those are his hang-ups not mine and I politely let him know I felt fine about my hair and breasts, it still made me angry. Idiot.

VSG has been my best decision to date. I'm about two and a half years out and have a TT and TL scheduled with Dr. Agha in December. I'm very glad I have waited for my plastics because my skin has really snapped back a lot in the last six months.

SW: 228Lbs. GW: 125Lbs. Goal in 14.5 Months CW: 122.7Lbs Down 105.3Lbs

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/13 3:58 pm - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12

Wow, he knows no tact! The only man who can tell me he wants me to get a boob job would be my husband lol. And ONLY if I asked him his opinion first. He would never tell me "Honey, you need breast implants!" I would have been offended too. It's YOUR body, and yours to enjoy. Some people just blurt stuff out with no consideration. He is obviously one of those people.

sheranfour
on 7/26/13 9:02 pm, edited 7/26/13 9:02 pm

He should be careful. Depending on where you're putting that tattoo on him, you could just make some bad mistake... Whoopsie!!

Ok..that was not nice of me but for real?? Maybe you'll just now be booked and can't fit in his next appointment? ( oops! sorry!)

Now on a more serious note...it's like when a woman is pregnant and everyone thinks it's OK to reach out and touch her belly, or ask a million and one questions that they have no business asking.

People are people.

You have worked hard to get where you are...and it goes so much deeper that surface looks. Folks that haven't been there or done that cant relate to that so they comment all about outside appearances I guess. I applaud you for your witty responses to him. If he's a good client I guess you bite your tongue...but now when he comes back in...you'll be ready for his off the cuff comments.

I'm sending you hugs and prayers for you and your Mom.

Peace

~Deb

Not MY will, but HIS. Not MY time, but HIS.    
jenn227
on 7/26/13 9:36 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

Ha ha...I didn't even think about a slip of the hand on his tattoo....

This guy is obviously socially challenged.  Can you imagine if you told him he looks a little light in the groin region, and they have penile implants now?  Or, maybe he should check out hair plugs to fill in his thinning hair? Dolt...men can be SO insensitive and SO clueless at times.

You handled it well.  Sending thoughts and prayers for your mom!

Jenn   Highest weight: 278. Starting weight: 275. Surgery weight: 253. Month 1: 25 lbs. Month 2: 8.8 lbs. Month 3: 12.6 lbs. Month 4: 7 lbs. Onederland 7/29/2013. Month 5: 7 lbs. Month 6: 5 lbs. Months 7-9: self-induced maintenance, then 5 lb gain.

pineview01
on 7/27/13 2:20 pm - Davison, MI

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Nancybefree
on 7/26/13 9:37 pm
VSG on 11/21/12

I guess, as a well-established client, he had a sense of familiarity with you and felt he could make those suggestions.  Once the topic got going, maybe he thought you were looking for input rather than just a listening ear.

Still, not very tactful.  Many people aren't aware of boundaries, either physical or social. 

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

SophieNJ
on 7/26/13 10:22 pm - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

what an a-hole.... truly objectifying a woman ....his personal life can not be very good.  you rock girl, stay strong!  and good luck with your mom.

Sophie

The_True_KayD
on 7/26/13 11:08 pm

I am so sorry that you had to hear someone's shallow values! My sister was diagnosed with breast cancer last year. She went through a very aggressive chemo treatment and lost her hair very early on in the treatment. I decided that to show my support that i would let me hair go grey.  A couple of my friends asked me if i was sure and that I would look OLD. I said that I disagree with that because men look distinguished with grey hair but I would look old!  I went with what my heart said and I let it go all grey I have people telling me how great it looks. I honestly love it and I think it shows. I even highlight my hair with silver platinum highlights. I rock the grey because I have earned every streak! 

Good luck on your surgery. 

Lisa1023
on 7/27/13 12:00 am
VSG on 03/05/13

maybe he just feels that comfortable with you to talk to you as if he were a friend.  after all, you say he is "well established."  all the conversations prior in his chair, were they phony?  Do you talk to people just because you have to or do you really establish friendly relationships and truly care about your customers?  I'm not being pushy, i'm honestly curious.  if you just do the small talk because you have to, and dont really care, you must be good at it because he obviously thinks you two are friends on a personal level.  I'm really open and personal with my hair dresser, but I dont think I am rude to her.. hmm  i hope not

HW  383     SW  371    CW   234     

MacMadame
on 7/27/13 3:27 pm, edited 7/27/13 3:28 pm - Northern, CA

If telling someone they need to live up to my personal standards of beauty is being a "friend", then that's the kind of friend I don't want to have.

A friend might feel comfortable *asking* about implants. As in "are you considering them?" But saying -- effectively -- you need long hair and bigger boobs to be attractive is not the action of a friend.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active