Need help... getting a little disappointed

denisedufrene
on 10/20/13 12:35 pm - Oak Hills, CA
VSG on 04/04/13

Well I am six months out and my weight lose has stopped....I getting so disappointed its been 6 weeks with no loss... I am doing everything the right way...water, exercise, protein...my question does there come a time when you just stop losing?  This early in the game I thought I would lose more...I'm proud of what I've done but certainly not my goal....feeling bummed and on days I just want to eat bad to make me feel good....bad idea I know but really...a six week stall I haven't seen anyone with this kind of stall it totally sucks...feeling depressed and we all now what we like to do when we are depressed....yes you guessed it EAT....and advice is appreciated....

HW: 287     SW:  285     CW:  176     GW:  150

MsVonne
on 10/20/13 2:01 pm - MI
VSG on 08/28/13

Don't give up no matter the stall just try going back to the basics doing more protein like 80 to 120 gms a day so that would be 3 16oz with double scoops of protein and 1 small meal a day and see if that will help you get over the stall.  Good luck!!! But you have done very well.

denisedufrene
on 10/21/13 7:50 am - Oak Hills, CA
VSG on 04/04/13

Thanks for the advice...you are exactly right back to basics for me....thanks again

pineview01
on 10/20/13 2:35 pm - Davison, MI

Don't be discouraged.  I stopped losing for over a month around your time.  This months I am down 6 pounds.  Just make sure you are measuring and journaling everything that is going in your month and make sure your portions aren't creeping up.  I made sure I was back on track and bam!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

denisedufrene
on 10/21/13 7:52 am - Oak Hills, CA
VSG on 04/04/13

Thanks for the advice I have slightly ease up on my journaling...but back to today..thanks again

MuttLover
on 10/20/13 9:15 pm
VSG on 11/14/12

Same here.  Check my signature -- you'll see that I'm having some stalls.  But look at it like this -- you are now one of those people who only have 30 pounds to lose!  Think about all of those people complaining about losing 10 pounds or 20 pounds -- that's now you.  

The closer we are to goal, the fewer calories we need -- so keep exercising (or maybe increase your intensity a bit), stay on your plan, and the weight will start to come off again.  

Make a plan and stick to it, and you can get those last stinkin' pounds off!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

ravenbrown
on 10/20/13 10:59 pm - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Mix it up if you're still doing what you've been doing for six months.  At five months I had a huge panic attack that my weight loss was slowing down and my body was giving up the fight, so I tweaked my diet - went from at least 70g of protein to 80-100g, dropped my carbs to less than 20g (I'm not sure that is necessary, but it was for me so I could really focus on protein), I really ramped up my exercise and started getting in a gallon of water a day instead of a minimum of 64oz, and I kept my calories around 600-700 until my exercise demanded more (around 9 months).  My weight loss did slow down because I was so much smaller, but it didn't stop.  Try to be patient, try different things (not cupcakes)  :) and be kind to yourself. 

jameas
on 10/20/13 11:56 pm

am right there with you 1 month stall yes on the weekend then I am in the I do not care graze mod still at 800 cal but it is a head trip for sure! waiting and emotions up and down, for me it is a family stress isue as well but i am going to cont back on track today.it is tough but it was way tougher before the sleeve so onwardwe will get there.

denisedufrene
on 10/21/13 7:53 am - Oak Hills, CA
VSG on 04/04/13

Family stress causes stress understand completely....back to basics...thanks again

butterfly3851
on 10/21/13 2:32 am - TX

I'm also there with you - weight loss has definitely slowed down.  I've increased my exercise and just trying to stay on track with protein and water.  

I'm so trying to realize & celebrate that I've made so many great changes - no more diet sodas (such a past addiction for me that I never thought I'd break), exercising, no sugar binges ( but still working on the carb addictions) and SO many health benefits.  Lots of time to reflect on the emotional eating reasons & working on myself.  I wish I didn't tie so many emotions into getting on that scale every morning.  (And no, I can't weigh just once or twice a week.)

One goal for me this week is to work on getting more sleep - turn the tv/computer/ipad off sooner.  I'm going to work on some basic goals each week after reading a blog I found here -   www.gokaleo.com

Slow and steady wins the race - right???  Glad I'm not alone - we need to form our own support group online here of slow losers 6-9 months out.

Most Active