Checking in to say hello

sleevegirl
on 11/30/13 2:21 am - Austin, TX

I've pretty much decided that I'm always going to be obesessed, but I'm not sure that's a bad thing. I spent 30+ years NOT thinking about my weight and body. The good thing is that I don't dwell on it, I just sometimes take stock.

I want to do the body fat thing. My scale sales between 33 and 37, but those things are never right. But I think I'll wait until after plastics, which I'm thinking will be Summer.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

TexasTerritory
on 11/29/13 8:57 pm, edited 11/29/13 10:10 pm
VSG on 07/22/13
You look great. Love your smile. Take care of yourself and the back. I know back pain really hurts all over the body. Thanks for sharing.

Sandy M.
on 11/29/13 9:40 pm - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

1. You look fabulous - it's obvious you have worked the VSG tool tremendously well!  

2. The food looks fabulous too!

3. With all you've got going on, I think you're doing the right thing - you need to sit back and observe for a minute what the view looks like from here before you decide to move on to something different.  Enjoy the rewards of all of your hard work by spending time with your family,friends and yourself a minute before you go climb another mountain.  

4. Whatever and whenever you decide to do it, keep us posted.  It's vets like you that give me hope for the future!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

sleevegirl
on 11/30/13 2:39 am - Austin, TX

I've given up on mountains... I'm just looking at small inclines then maybe hills. It's been a LONG three years, for sure. HUGS

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

slimpickins5280
on 11/29/13 10:57 pm, edited 11/29/13 11:21 pm - CO

That song "Do your ears hang low? Do they wobble to and fro? Can you tie them in a knot? Can you tie them in a bow? Can you throw them over your shoulder like a regimental soldier? Do your ears hang low?" runs through my head all the time, but I replace "ears" for "tummy" or "boobs." 

I want that cabbage thingy. I LOVE cabbage. 

I'm glad your back is better-ish. I've seen pics of you at the lower weight and this weight and you look fab in both. So, my helpful suggestion is -- do either. Lose or stay where you are. That sounds a lot like maintenance to me--figuring out where you are comfortable. I think as long as the choice is intentional and not something that creeps up on you like we see with so many folks that come back here and tell us about how they have "regain" then you are doing the right thing for you. 

Hugs to you miss beautiful woman! You rock!

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

sleevegirl
on 11/30/13 2:41 am - Austin, TX

Right? I think it's fear that gets me on that scale every morning. When it started going up, I sat back and looked at my food and realized that I wasn't eating all that badly, in fact I was doing great and more than that I didn't feel icky anymore so I've jus****ched it all. It does screw with my head letting it float up a little, but when I stand up and nearly pass out, that means I'm not eating enough. Esp now that that doesn't happen. It seems to be stable and this is where I got "stuck" the most often. My body seems to like this size and I'm just not inclined to fight it right now. I have enough ******g fights going on.

stephanieplum
on 11/30/13 12:12 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Love the hair !!!  You look fabulous!!!  I noticed the space between your legs, too!!!  lol  

sleevegirl
on 11/30/13 2:48 am - Austin, TX

Yeah, I LOVE this new cut and color. The lady I went to was SO freaking expensive, but so worth it. It'd been six months since I'd last cut or done anything to do it. The idea of sitting in a stylists chair for three hours was just beyond my reach. I hurt afterwards, but it was worth it.

LOL... my legs and my collarbones are really my pride and joy. I have really great legs, if I say so myself :)

Spencerella
on 11/30/13 12:25 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

So good to see ya here. Gurl!!!  Nice to hear your back is continuing to improve, and you've done really well for someone who has had to put so much energy into a major  health issue.

Regarding your current weight, I think that most of us continue to experience some sort of mind f@#k around the numbers and our bodies. So let's keep it real here. As Frisco says, it's all about maintaining anyway so hang onto where you are for now. You already know what it takes to get to 150 and the great thing about this surgery is that we can take on additional challenges at any point in our lives when we feel ready and willing. We have that ability forever. Looking gorgeous Candy!!

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

sleevegirl
on 11/30/13 2:42 am - Austin, TX

I'm definitely one of the lucky ones in that I don't really ever get real hunger and while I love junk food, I can say no when I need to. So losing/gaining hasn't been that hard, if I'm being honest - although it screws with you when you do the "right" things and the scale doesn't respond.

We'll always have issues. I'm just trying to find peace with them. Still. Always. ;)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views