Gonna be getting my cardio today..like it or not!!!

grayC
on 1/27/14 11:34 pm
VSG on 05/01/13

Last nite around 1am a pipe to our furnace burst...

woke up at 5 hearing water running..

hubby went to basement YEP you guessed it...

flooded basement..what a mess...

silver lining If  you can call it that..I'll be getting a HUGE cardio workout today..

clearing out and throwing away bags and bags of now ruined CR&P!!!

yes I'm going to find the positive in this!!

Scott S.
on 1/27/14 11:47 pm - TX

Get that cardio in!!  Those stairs up and down should do wonders!!

VSG: 8/8/13 

grayC
on 1/28/14 12:08 am
VSG on 05/01/13

Let me tell you, I've been stalled out since 12/1...

if this doesn't  cause the stall to break...

my hubby's gonna have to commit me!!!!!

Nancybefree
on 1/28/14 12:14 am
VSG on 11/21/12

Just think how much easier it will be to cope with at your current size rather than it would have been at your previous size.  :)  That gets me through the snow shoveling I've had to do a lot of lately.

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

grayC
on 1/28/14 3:42 am
VSG on 05/01/13

Got to tell you, been down there for about 4 hours...never needed a break, bending, squatting, bagging..if I had to do this 85 lbs ago, I'd be in the emergency room thinking I was having a heart attack, or crying, totally breaking down at being overwhelmed..

now I actually have a euphoria going and a smile on my face, I could do another 4 hrs if I had to no problem!! :)

(deactivated member)
on 1/28/14 12:40 am

Having had several flooding episodes to deal with over the past 15 years, I completely sympathize! I got to the point where I got anxious each time we had a significant downpour! Now in the place I've been for the past 6 years (well in May it'll be 6) I don't worry anymore. We're on the top of a rise and the creek is at the bottom of the property. Burst pipes, well that's a different issue altogether.....

Good Luck! Hope the damage is minimal and you get lots of exercise trudging up and down the basement stairs!

grayC
on 1/28/14 3:38 am
VSG on 05/01/13

Thanks Devon...

unfortunately huge not minimal damage, basement was finished...

all rugs had to be ripped out, Sheetrock and baseboard has to be replaced, have kitchen down there, they have to take cabinets out to see if water got behind there, possibly replaced, lost 1 couch, thank god the others fine...and the TV's

and gaming systems are up higher than the water was so that's was fine...

on the positive side, I was going down there today to clean for Super Bowl anyway, I got rid of almost everything!!

my hubby made me save the kids Nerf guns and video games..that's it..got rid of everything else..

then again I was holding onto all the stuffed animals, baby stuff and Wiggles dolls..

.I mean come on Grace...Wiggles dolls their 11 LOL!!! 

lil1inside
on 1/28/14 4:19 am
VSG on 07/10/13

This happened to us one time--we had what was called a pin hole leak in a pipe and I can never forget the insurance company asking me "how that happened--well, really, I'm not sure, perhaps I stuck a pin in a iron pipe and made it happen"enlightened  Boy that pinhole sure leaked fast.

I'm glad you are so positive thru it all!

Denise

Started at (266 lbs)          Pre-op (249) 7/10/13             Present (173) 03/19/14
No star is lost once we have seen, We always may be what we might have been.
Adelaide Proctor

grayC
on 1/28/14 5:35 am
VSG on 05/01/13

We had the expantion tank burst on our furnace..

the insurance lady actually asked..did anyone touch it recently??

I'm like really, the thing is in it's own room buried behind a wall and equipment

and just for shyts and giggles I wedged my (now tiny) azz behind all that

to play with some "T" joint...REALLY W.T.F!!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views