SIGH,,SNIFFLE..SNIFFLE...SOB!!!!

grayC
on 3/10/14 4:52 am
VSG on 05/01/13

So I've been working my program like a CHAMPION meeting all water and vitamin requirements and keeping my calories at but mostly below 800 mostly at 700 couple of 650ish days..anywho. Since December I have not lost any weight have been fluctuating 3 lbs up and down NEVER below my December weigh of 141... So on Sunday I woke up at 143 and thought 

oooh!!! I may get to 141 again this week..was SUPER on POINT yesterday only getting in 620 calories and thought for sure I'm going to see at least 1/2 lb would have Been OK to see 143 again b/c I don't always loose everyday, anyway...

I got on the scale today and I was 145!!!!!! WTF!!!! I know it's water what else could it be, but PLEASE HIVE MIND do any of you know what more I could be doing??? my NUT told me at last visit to up my calories and I struggle to do that not cause I couldn't eat more...it just seems WRONG. To do it..she said my body is in starvation mode and that it IS A REAL THING when I kinda gave her an eye roll... Any advise would be much appreciated cause I'm at my wits end!!!

Stacy_WLS
on 3/10/14 4:55 am

I'd recommend changing things up somewhat.  Do some different exercises, eat a little more.  Something different just to jog your body a bit.  

Good Luck!

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Miah_Momma1218
on 3/10/14 5:29 am - Columbus, OH
VSG on 03/18/14 with

What kind of calories are you getting in?  I am still in preop but understand that you have to eat you protein first, it should he half your plate, followed by veggies, fruits, then grains.  And YES Starvation Mode IS a real thing! I've been there, SO NOT A FUN TIME!  Upping your calories with the right kind of calories is a good thing. You might see the scale shoot up a bit at first but you will stabilize shortly.  Maybe sneak in an extra salad with vinaigrette?

- Jenners - "We travel the world over to find the beautiful, but we must carry it with us or we find it not." Ralph Waldo Emerson

27 y/o, 5'1", Highest Weight 250, starting weight 227, weight at surgery 217

Miah_Momma1218
on 3/10/14 5:29 am - Columbus, OH
VSG on 03/18/14 with

Stabilze *and start losing again*

- Jenners - "We travel the world over to find the beautiful, but we must carry it with us or we find it not." Ralph Waldo Emerson

27 y/o, 5'1", Highest Weight 250, starting weight 227, weight at surgery 217

grayC
on 3/10/14 6:26 am
VSG on 05/01/13

I'm sure that some of my problem lies in the fact that I only mostly eat protein and nothing else..

maybe some veg 3-4x a week after protein,  I'm obsessed about hitting my protein requirements daily so there is often not much room for anything else...there is almost not fat and no carbs in my diet at all...

i decided to carb load today since today is a work out day, had some yummy protein oatmeal..

I know I need more healthy fats so I bought some avacado today...

I can't eat nuts I'm allergic,  so I'm limited as to 

What I can eat regarding healthy fats.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/10/14 12:38 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Healthy fats off the top of my head:

• olive oil, sesame oil, etc
  • avocado
  • peanut butter or cashew butter (if you're ok with those since they're not "nuts" per se)
  • sunflower and pumpkin seeds
  • olives
  • tahini

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

grayC
on 3/10/14 12:57 pm
VSG on 05/01/13

Thanks Sparkle..I think I need to be re-tested for  my allergy since my reaction was to raw almonds but the allergist I saw handed me an epi-pen and told me to avoid all nuts...he may have jut been covering his azz since I have learned recently that my allergy may in fact be related to my seasonal allergies and therefore controlled by my allergy meds..

time to see a new allergist...

G5x5
on 3/10/14 6:11 am - VA

Get a scale that measures body fat percentage.

I've been using one since I began this process, and it clearly shows me just how hard loosing a fraction of a percent of body fat is once you get into the normal BMI range.

The bottom line is, and no surprise to you here, the deeper you go into normal ranges the longer it takes to make weight changes.  The only real question becomes understanding where you are on that scale.  An understanding of your body fat percentage, an assessment of any excess skin, and an understanding of body fat ranges will help you to know what to expect.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

grayC
on 3/10/14 6:38 am
VSG on 05/01/13

Thanks 5x5...

who'da thunk I'd be bytchin' about 10 freaking pounds in my lifetime LOL!!

i make myself sick when I hear it come outta my mouth!!

i just bought my second pair of size 4 jeans...4 for Christ sake and I'm bytchin'

i see my NUT on my year, she has that type of scale..I was looking thru my paperwork but I could only find a July one that said I had 30% body fat...and that was a good 20-25 lbs ago...

I have to say that although I haven't seen the scale move, my body mostly my stomach area has changed dramatically..

has gotten more toned and tight not as flabby as before, I defiantly see a re-sculpting going on...why do I put so much validity in my weight..still...why can't I just be happy that I've had great results and accomplishments, is it just a new form of self hate I'm experiencing...my psyche can't beat me up for being overweight anymore so it'll beat me up that these 10 lbs don't wanna come off....OY. I need a DRINK!!! LOL..only joking no cross addiction (yet)

Tracy D.
on 3/10/14 6:26 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I echo what G5x5 said - get your body fat measured.  Your goal of 130 may be completely unrealistic.  I was shooting for a lower number and then found out that I only needed to lose about 6-8 more lbs. to get to 20% body fat (which is awesome by the way!).  You can also get your resting metabolic rate tested and find out what how many calories your body REALLY needs to survive and to continue to lose.  

Getting body fat tested by underwater weighing is the gold standard; most scales and other methods will calculate it 4-6% lower than it really is.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views