weight gain 4 years out

MS.LISA
on 6/19/14 4:37 pm - Salem, OR

Hi I had my VSG done 4 years ago and I have gained 40 pounds I lost 125 pounds and just the pass 5 months the weight is piling onI!  am wondering has any one Gained weight and lost  it? And how did you loose it.

(deactivated member)
on 6/20/14 12:58 am

I am really sorry to hear that you are gaining weight.  Yes, people are able to lose it but it seems to be harder than in early weight loss mode.  What do you think is causing the gain and what is your plan on how you will lose it?  I am turning this over to you because I am pretty sure that you already know what needs to be done.  I would like to hear it from you first. We can always fine tune the details.  

MS.LISA
on 6/20/14 3:55 am - Salem, OR

Yes, you are right, I do know what I need to do and it is go back to eating correctly and giving up all the slider foods again and start exercising but now that I am anemic and I have no energy whatsoever it is super hard for me too start losing the weight again and exercising I work at a sit-down job full time so that even makes it harder to stop  grazingI am in a major depression because of the gain. 

okay so I said it!     now please tell me how I am supposed to do this?? Thank you

Gwen M.
on 6/20/14 4:39 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Are you taking iron for the anemia?  

Are you seeing a therapist to help figure out the depression?  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 6/20/14 6:37 am

How are you addressing the anemia?  Are you taking iron supplements and checking your blood work every few months?  The best way to get out of the depression is to start taking control over your eating again.  Stop grazing, only eat at designated times and go back to tracking your food.  You know what to do, you have to do it.  The very next meal is an excellent place to start.  

MS.LISA
on 6/21/14 9:24 am - Salem, OR

thank you Elena, i really like to read your.  suggestions and you do very much motivate me just by reading a lot of your comments. regarding my anemia, I have done a few iron transfusion other than that i take vitamin and on iron medication and yes I get checked all the time they just can't figure out why I'm anemic but I know it's because of the surgery cuz they can't find me bleeding anywhere 

Dreamingofbeaches
on 6/20/14 5:34 am
with

Hi LIsa,  I am sorry you are struggling.  I am still pre-op and reading everything everyone writes to keep myself educated as to what the future could hold.  I wish you the best in dealing with you current situation.  Do you take a multi-vitamin?  It sounds like you know the best plan is to eliminate the slider foods and get back to basics.  Maybe get back to starting every meal and/or snack with dense protein.  Pick your favorite proteins so you look forward to it.  Plan ahead snacks that are on track with your plan so that if you need a snack while working it is a good one.  Can you have jerky, cheese sticks and yogurt available for snacks while at work?  I understand the motivation for exercise.  I struggle with that and hope it gets easier as I lose weight.  Can you get up and go out for a short walk during lunch and another break during the day?  Maybe easing into exercise again is more realistic?  Once you are moving and eating better, you will probably feel less depressed and want to move around and exercise more.  Maybe try motivating yourself with little treats...for example if you walk every day all week at lunch for 20 minutes and eat healthy snacks, you reward yourself with a manicure?  Just some idea.  You can do it!! 

Jen

-Jen

Consult weight 4/7/14: 381.5   SW 7/1/14:

MS.LISA
on 6/21/14 9:13 am - Salem, OR

thank you for your reply that is some really good suggestion I appreciate you giving me them and I really do think that if I started exercising and eating right I would feel better about myself its just getting me motivated to do that is the hard part thank you and good luck on your journey

Kelly Jean
on 6/21/14 9:46 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Just a thought but do u have a pic of what you looked like 40 lbs less and take a pic now !!!! Put them side by side and I'm sure that will help motivate you to make healthier choices..... you did this before you can do it again !!! :-) best of luck !!! :-)

♡ Kelly

White Dove
on 6/20/14 7:05 am - Warren, OH

Of course you can lose it, but you cannot lose it quickly.  A pound a week would be excellent and it will take almost a year to lose 40 pounds.  Weigh every single day.  Figure out your calories, fiber, fat, and carbs and track everything in My Fitness Pal.

Go to If It Fits Your Macros to learn exactly what you need to do to lose the weight.  You can even try for a two pound a week loss plan.

Weigh every single day.  Celebrate each pound lost.  Staying off the scale is what ruins maintenance for us.  Thinking we can lose it fast like after surgery also leaves us discouraged.  There are studies that show the body holds on to weight more efficiently after a large loss.

http://iifym.com

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views