What was your goals?

Tammy B.
on 7/15/14 10:03 pm - Canada

People often post their wonderful successes well some of us just seem to have wonderful stalls lol. I'm glad your successful but I want more info what were the goals that you got....calories per day?  And if it's 600 like I keep seeing what was a typical day for that many calories? Exercise? I also like to see what people are eating everyday but what's the calories and carbs on that...give us the deets people. I love men but their goals are not realist for me. I drink a protein shake every day which adds 150 calories to my day and for breakfast I have some grapes and maybe a 50 cal Greek yogurt, a salad with protein for lunch (tuna or chicken or a hard boiled egg) for dinner some protein and some vegetables (like five Brussels sprouts) and another snack fruit or something....still getting up to 800 some days. I've also tried months of daily exercise for months with no weight loss so I've cut to walks and trying to lower the calories. I've asked and begged my clinic for goals other than just the protein level but I get nothing. So I'm glad your successful but is like to know exactly what your doing? All informational posts will be greatly appreciated!!!!

trinoc
on 7/15/14 10:14 pm - TN
VSG on 01/14/14

I'm trinoc on myfitnesspal if you want to add me and see exactly what I'm eating and the calorie/protein/carb/fat breakdown.  I don't eat that much differently than you except I almost never do fruit.  I just allowed myself a few bites in the past few weeks and I'm not sure I'll continue.  Lots of sugar and calories w/ no protein punch.  But I also don't think fruit is horrible.  It's just that I'm not sure I want to try and fit it in my plan at this point.  

Your ticker reads like you've had great success.  I know it's hard but I'd love to see you not compare your loss to anyone else's and just celebrate the success you're experiencing as it comes.  Keep sticking to your plan and I am sure that you'll continue to lose, at the pace your body finds works for it.  Good luck!

Tricia

M1 -26, M2 -14, M3 -14, M4 -12, M5 -12, M6 -11, M7 -10, M8 -12, M9 -5, Goal Reached 9 months and 14 days

Stacy_WLS
on 7/15/14 11:01 pm

You will read of lots of success on here and also lots of stalls.  I try to hold off on posting about my stalls b/c I know they eventually break through (Also I know some of them are self inflicted -- damn sugar!)

My goals earlier out were ~

• 800 calories / day
  • 80 + grams of protein / day
  • < 100 grams of carbs / day -- good carbs. (veggies, berries, sweet potatoes) -- honestly I usually was closer to 60, but my NUT wanted me to add more
  • so much water -- like constantly drinking water.  prob 150 oz / day
  • Activity everyday -- I do a mix of lifting, running, spinning, swimming, yoga

I now am going for closer to 1000 calories / day.  I am training for a marathon and have fainted a few times when I keep my calories too low.  I think 800 is a good target.  Keep up the protein and water as much as possible.

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Tammy B.
on 7/16/14 1:24 am - Canada

Thanks and I haven't lost a pound since feburary

Tammy B.
on 7/16/14 1:30 am - Canada

Thanks everyone some helpful info. Just to elaborate I'm at one year and haven't lost a pound since feb I included some fruit for hunger but low calories maybe I will have to find an alternate snack I can't do peanuts or anything because I can eat too many. I'm using fitness pal more vigously in the last few weeks so I'm hoping I'm going to see a jump I'm close to infer land and I'm dteined to hit this goal!!

ravenbrown
on 7/15/14 11:15 pm - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

I ate around 600 calories a day, less than 20g of carbs and around 90g or so of protein, I never cared about the fat content.  I usually ate egg white frittata in the morning, a protein shake as a snack, grilled chicken for lunch and some sort of lean protein & a little veggies for dinner.  I didn't consume fruit when I was in the losing stage.  When I started exercising more and harder, I ate around 700 calories a day with 100g or so of protein.  It was a very limited amount of time, and I very much wanted to get the weight off as quickly as possible.  I lost 130 pounds in a little over 9 months.  I've been maintaining since.  I still do protein first, but I also eat fruit.  I don't really consume dairy anymore, but I'm not afraid of healthy fats.  Everyone's journey is unique because each person is unique.

Tracy D.
on 7/16/14 1:08 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

During weight-loss mode these were my daily goals: 

800 calories

80-90 grams of protein 

Less than 40 grams of carbs (I had NO fruit, rice, bread or pasta during weight-loss mode; just the occasional bites of low carb veggies) 

100 oz. of water per day

I didn't pay any attention to fat either.  

I didn't do "hard" exercise until after I hit maintenance but I was committed to 30 minutes of continuous aerobic activity at least 5 days a week (treadmill, elliptical, kettlebell routine).  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Gwen M.
on 7/16/14 1:10 am
VSG on 03/13/14

The only goals I got were protein and water, so those are the things I focus on.  60-80 grams of protein a day and at least 64 ounces of liquid.  

My guidelines do also have a weight goal - 4 to 8 ounces per meal.  And I have the rules of "three meals a day with no snacks" and "no liquid calories."  (I do still drink one protein shake a day, though, otherwise I wouldn't make my protein goal.)  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Kathy8429
on 7/16/14 2:23 am

My surgeon only said 65 gms of protein, 64 oz fluids, and eat lean protein first. 

After asking for lots of advice from people on this site I ended up with

800 cal day

90-100 gms protein

20-40 gms carbs

100 oz water

Exercise- I have increased my activity but I have a chronic illness that prevents me from being extremely active

I absolutely don't think the 65 gms of protein was enough, hence my balding head!

Breakfast was protein coffee with 1 tsp coconut oil

lunch- tuna salad or chicken breast

dinner was 1-2 ounces of lean protein 

snacks added to meet protein goals- protein shake, protein ice cream, or quest bars. The caveat with this was that the quest bars totally slowed down my weight loss, but they were sooo convenient

at about 7-8 months post op I started adding some dark leafy greens 

since hitting 150 I have almost completely stopped the quest bars and my weight loss has increased again. 

Hope this helps, Kathy 

Tammy B.
on 7/17/14 12:28 am - Canada

Wonderful and much more realistic than the. 600 for me

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 100 views