confused !! maintenance sux.. not really..pics

Maerin55
on 10/21/14 10:59 am - CA
VSG on 09/30/13
I agree with everyone's else- you look great & there is absolutely no comparison to a 12 year old boy. I have heard the same comments since I reached a normal BMI 22lbs ago. My doctor told me that I would be hearing comments about being too thin and not to lose any more weight. He was right! He told me the only opinions that mattered were mine, his, and the nutritionist! He told me that women are supportive until you weigh less than them and then the green eyed monster comes out. Sometimes I got discouraged because there were few positive comments but I knew my doctor was right and I kept moving to my goal. I started to respond to the comments "don't lose more weight" with "okay, I won't". I have been called "miss america" and "Barbie" in a rather snarky way. But hey, it's way better than being called fat!

BMI 21.3

Kelly Jean
on 10/22/14 9:55 am
VSG on 04/08/14

O agree I ve been to eat a doughnut and your fading away and if you get any skinnier you'll disappear... but ill take that over fact ass fat ***** and cow any day!!!! :-)

♡ Kelly

ataglimpse
on 10/21/14 11:17 am
VSG on 04/09/14

Family can be especially hurtful....even when they don't realize it.  I believe she is a tad bit jealous.  Because you look awesome.  I don't think you look to skinny at all.  This is your journey.  Stay in your positive zone.  You have done a fabulous job and have an enormous amount to be proud of....esp. with the rough start you had in the beginning.  And don't worry girlie..your face looks pretty and.....u still got the CURVES:)

Kelly Jean
on 10/22/14 9:58 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Your so right ... I love her with all my heart I truly do however she and I are like night and day.... and even if we are identical twins  we have never been able to see eye to eye for more then a few days or weeks at a time without making each other crazy!!! Lol sooooooooo. :-)

♡ Kelly

CelticRavens
on 10/21/14 2:40 pm
RNY on 12/19/16

Haven't looked at your pics, but I'll tell you what I told my daughter as she was growing up -

I have 3 people on the planet whose opinion matters to me. I can call them at 3am, get their honest opinion whether I like it or not because they love me & will tell me what they think is best not just what I want to hear. So ____________'s opinion & a buck will buy me a soda, but it's not worth more than that. You decide for yourself whose opinion matters the most to you.

(Now it's 4 cause I value her opinion.)

I'm going to look at your album.

CJ 55 6'1 HW 415 SW 349 CW 263

Surgeon's goal - 245lbs My goal - 215 -195lbs

Kelly Jean
on 10/22/14 10:22 pm
VSG on 04/08/14

You are so right ... Thank you so much!!!! :-)

♡ Kelly

Mikki_from_Maine
on 10/21/14 9:57 pm, edited 10/21/14 9:59 pm - Augusta, ME
VSG on 09/15/14

ok Kelly,  it makes me sad to think of you being upset by this.  You do encourage everyone and I think you are so inspirational.  There have been MANY great comments here that I totally agree with.  Of course you look fantastic, and it is hard for people to adjust to how fast you lose...that being said...my doctor did tell me to set my goal lower than what I eventually want to be at.  He said 2-3 years out I will have a bit of re-gain (chances are)...so even if you might (and only you know that) be a bit below where you intend to be...you are right with your plan...what makes you healthy and happy is what's important.  I know you just got a good relationship back with your sister so this must have stung a little bit...I have to ask...but you don't have to answer ...is your sister as "up" and bubbly as you are? Or perhaps is she just a shade darker and tends to look at the negative side a bit more?  Some people are just worriers...she may worry that you will take this too far even though there is absolutely no evidence of it...just a thought... you know I think you are beautiful!  So keep doing what you're doing sister if it makes you happy!  Best wishes and chin up! 

Small Steps lead to surprising changes... ~Mikki Hw 232 sw 208.4 cw138.8. m1-17, m2 -8, m3 -11 m4 - 6, m5 -6, m6 -5 m7 -4, m8 -6 m9 -2 m10 -2 m11 -5 m12 -2 m13 -2 *Goal reached in 10.5 months!*

Kelly Jean
on 10/22/14 10:24 pm
VSG on 04/08/14

Mikki your such a doll. Thank you so much.. I think it cause I'm going through so much right now and that stupid remark just put me over the edge for a bit but I promise I climbed back up and no one or no things will burst my bubble!!! :-)

♡ Kelly

luxurycouture
on 10/21/14 10:07 pm

It's hard to try and remember that this journey isn't really about the way that we LOOK. It's about your health. Of course the way we look Is often indicative of our health, however the best judge will be your doctor.

I do feel that it might be likely that it's probably just that you guys don't know your "norm" because you have been heavy and that's what everyone is used to.

i would encourage you to talk to your doctor before it gets to you too much  at least for your own peace of mind  

Life is what happens to you while you?re busy making other plans. ?John Lennon

Kelly Jean
on 10/22/14 10:26 pm
VSG on 04/08/14

Your so right .. I'm healthier now then ever before and I also look damm good so :-P lmao thanks!!! :-)

♡ Kelly

Most Active