Gotta come clean

TexasPrincess08
on 12/28/14 11:59 pm
VSG on 09/15/14

Im so ready for the damn holidays to be over somehow I keep getting yummy treats and things I shouldn't eat and I'm eating them this past week has been my worst and I really wanted to be in onederland by the first, but now I don't think I can lose 9 pounds in two days. So if I get at least really close I'll take it. Today I'm starting over im not gonna eat another cookie I'm gonna drink my protein shakes and im gonna try and get a workout started and im gonna finish getting these damn boxes out of our apartment now that I finally have a day off! 

Stacy_WLS
on 12/29/14 12:08 am

You got it.  Get the crap out of the house and move on.

Don't stress about hitting a certain number by a certain time.  We can only control our activity and what we put in our bodies -- not how our body reacts to it.  If you follow your plan you will get there.  6 months or a year or two it doesn't matter.  Life is much longer than this process.

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

rissa1224
on 12/29/14 12:11 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

I feel the same way. Ever since the I actually had my arm lift on dec 11th I have been eating like crap. I am bloated because of my time of the month that's here also, but its annoying. Instead of waiting until Jan 2nd to start over - I decided to start today. I made a protein smoothie for breakfast - 1 permiere protein chocolate shake with 4 pieces of frozen banana, 1 tsb of chunky peanutbutter and 5 ice cubes. SO GOOD. I decided to not wait 7 days and then just behave as best as I can new years eve and day. One day at a time but never too early to get back on track. Good luck!!!!!

Gwen M.
on 12/29/14 1:20 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I ate so much candy when I was at my parents' for Christmas.  Yum.  But now I'm back home, the crap food is out of the house, and I know that my good eating habits will resume.  Don't beat yourself up, just get yourself back on track :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

mickeymantle
on 12/29/14 1:53 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

shame on all of you wasting a perfectly good sleeve you all deserve a good spanking

just kidding but you really need to forget it and get back on plan which feels better eating a cookie or buying a new pair of pants in a smaller size

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Spencerella
on 12/29/14 2:34 am, edited 12/29/14 2:34 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

I'm going to take a slightly different perspective. While I agree that it's not helpful to guilt ourselves out, it is also not helpful to simply 'ignore' repeated behaviors that get us into trouble.

Instead, I would suggest you try to learn something from this. In each instance, spend some time reflecting on the thoughts, behaviors and emotions that led you to indulge. Then, think through what you could do differently next time you face that same situation. 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

diane S.
on 12/29/14 3:33 am

here is a good exercise: practice throwing perfectly good candies or cookies into the trash. do one daily instead of putting it in your mouth.

I have another disposal system available:  i can take the bag of chocolates i was given to the art studio and they will magically dissapear from the communal work table.    diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Tracy D.
on 12/29/14 4:25 am, edited 12/29/14 4:26 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Last Christmas I was still in pretty strict WL mode so I didn't indulge too much but this Christmas I didn't do as well.  So...I learned some things for next year:  

1.  Although I threw out the cookies, fudge and peanut brittle my mom gave us on Christmas night when we got home, some of it still made it into my mouth.  Next year:  let her know ahead of time that we don't want/can't eat any of that stuff.  She told us to just take it to work on Monday.  Yeah right - like any of that **** was going to survive the weekend in my house! 

2.  There are certain foods that I absolutely want at the holiday and I need to make sure I get them so I don't walk around crabby, trying to make myself feel better by eating stuff I really don't want.   It's not horrible food either:  a spoonful of cranberry sauce, a slice of prime rib and a half-cup of pumpkin custard.  Between Thanksgiving and Christmas I want to have each of these things just one time.  These are the foods to me that say "holiday", "special" and only come around once a year for me.  

3.  I did a great job this year of whittling back the gift-giving thing so it wasn't the focus of our holiday.  Next year I will work on whittling back the food aspect.  I think this year was harder than last year because I was ABLE to eat more and COULD eat more where last year I was only 7 months out and couldn't eat nearly as much.  My strong feelings about food this year (or the absence of certain foods rather!) really caught me off guard.  Next year I'll be prepared.  

I haven't had any junk carbs in the last 4 days and it feels GREAT!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

secretsleeves
on 12/29/14 4:28 am, edited 12/29/14 4:30 am

I just returned from our holiday visit with family where the theme seemed to be eat as much junk food as possible. I was actually surprised by the ridiculous amount of cookies that were made. I'm talking easily 400 cookies for 9 people. They were finished in 3 days along with tons of food and more sweets. It was obvious that the cookies were like a drug to nearly everyone those few days. I think watching others struggle made me realize that I am not alone and helped me just sample a few and not get carried away. I was very thankful for my smaller stomach and do realize everyday how much it helps me manage my eating. I did workout while I was there though and that helped keep me in line. I was very happy to get home though and away from all the cookies and temptations. It is much easier and much more enjoyable to eat healthy without all that junk food around.

VSG on 8/6/2014

Tlove6
on 12/29/14 4:40 am

I was feeling pretty guilty myself this week then I reframed my thinking. 

I LOST 4 pounds since Thanksgiving and that's awesome! Any other year I would have gained 15 from Halloween until now.

Yeah, I had a few pieces of candy and a few Xmas cookies. But I also ran for the first time in 19 years. First a half a mile and then today 3/4. 

Today is a new day and WE can do it!

HW: 283; SW: 269; pre-op: -12, M1: -16.2; M2: -10.6; M3: -13.3; M4: -8.2; M5: -8.9; M6: -8.5

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views