Post-op Blues

lo_ri_p
on 1/23/15 6:23 am - Ocala, FL

I'll have you all know I had changed my life style 10 months before surgery.  I was eating healthier and exercising 3-4x a week.  My biggest problem was portion control.  I was 272 last February.  I was 213 on the day of my surgery.  My weight was like a yo-yo.  I am not saying I never bad food choices but there were also other factors in my weight gain.  I find your attitude obscene considering you are here as well.  You know what happens when you A-S-S-U-M-E.  You can't judge other people by your past actions.

(deactivated member)
on 1/23/15 6:25 am

hollykim
on 1/24/15 7:19 am, edited 1/24/15 7:20 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On January 23, 2015 at 2:23 PM Pacific Time, lo_ri_p wrote:

I'll have you all know I had changed my life style 10 months before surgery.  I was eating healthier and exercising 3-4x a week.  My biggest problem was portion control.  I was 272 last February.  I was 213 on the day of my surgery.  My weight was like a yo-yo.  I am not saying I never bad food choices but there were also other factors in my weight gain.  I find your attitude obscene considering you are here as well.  You know what happens when you A-S-S-U-M-E.  You can't judge other people by your past actions.

well,it appears you are ASSUming things about me as well.

it is great that you started changing your habits before surgery. In that case I am sure you will have not problem getting this worked out. In fact I can't imagine why you even needed to confess on a message board. 

I find you and your whole post obscene.

tstefl1
on 1/26/15 2:40 am - Spokane Valley, WA
RNY on 01/19/15
TexasLady52
on 1/23/15 5:05 am
Revision on 06/10/14

I am 7 month out and I haven't done everything by the books.....but there is no way I could eat a SUB.....at this point you need protein.  Your body is still healing and adjusting.  The first three months or so I lived off of soup and Wendy's chili.  There is still a lot of things I can't eat.....I can usually tell by the first two bites if it is going to stay down. It will take about 90 days at least before you begin to start feeling human again and not so tired.  There is still days when I go to bed early....just worn out.  Hang in there......we are in this for the long haul!!

lo_ri_p
on 1/23/15 5:15 am - Ocala, FL

I obviously knew that eating a sub was wrong and I paid for it.  Do you all mean to tell me that you have never cheated like that?  That was pretty harsh for confessing to one slip up.  I thought it's supposed to be a "support" forum not a beat down.

hollykim
on 1/23/15 5:43 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On January 23, 2015 at 1:15 PM Pacific Time, lo_ri_p wrote:

I obviously knew that eating a sub was wrong and I paid for it.  Do you all mean to tell me that you have never cheated like that?  That was pretty harsh for confessing to one slip up.  I thought it's supposed to be a "support" forum not a beat down.

if you wanted the kind of support that says oh that's ok. You might not get it here.There are all kinds of support and one of them is tough love. That is what you are getting hers.

Patm
on 1/23/15 5:50 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

It was the size of the slip up. You could have done physical damage to yourself with that amount of food. Support comes in all forms. The fact that people took the time to reply was support. I hope you can get past this and stay on plan. The people I know who continue to be a success are the people who stuck to their plan from day one

lo_ri_p
on 1/23/15 6:29 am - Ocala, FL

I never said I ate a footlong. It was about an inch.  I haven't denied it was stupid.  I just thought that others could identify.  I didn't think I would be bashed for missing vegetables and some of the other cruel things that some others have posted.

Tracy D.
on 1/23/15 5:56 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

If you think for a second that my response was a "beat down" then you haven't been on here long enough to see the ass- whippin' that some people get when they DO eat cookies at 1 week post-op!  

The people on here will support you, cheer your victories AND hold you accountable. What we will NOT do is stand by and say "poor baby" when you know better and still do stupid **** It's tough love, kiddo, and it's what any good friend - a real friend - would tell you.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active