Surgery date scheduled. Hello all!

MommaGbear
on 3/30/15 5:44 am
VSG on 04/29/15 with

Hi Folks:

I've been lurking on these boards a couple of years, but I only recently finally got around to registering. I have scheduled my date for my VSG - April 29th. I'm excited! And terrified. I'm going to Las Vegas from Arizona due to better prices for the surgery. I researched Mexico, but my husband was just really uncomfortable with that plan. So, Vegas is our compromise. I have my time off work scheduled and am working on FMLA planning and getting the rest of my clearance done.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi. I'm open to any advice or ideas on things I need to pack/bring to Vegas with me or what's good to have around the house before and after surgery. Thanks!

Lionetta
on 3/30/15 7:14 am - AZ

Good luck! I know how exciting the weeks before surgery can be. You've made your decision, have a date, and are looking forward to reaching your goal weight. The best advice I can offer to you is to use that 1st year wisely because it's the BEST time to lose weight and reach your goal. What do I wish someone had told me beforehand? To stock up on sugar free jello and popsicles! To this very day, they are still my go-to snacks! Let us know how you do, and keep reading these boards!

Hugs!

HW: 335 SW: 279 GOAL: 150 ~ or less. 

PrayMore
on 3/30/15 8:43 am

Congrats and best wishes!

My advice for the first few days is herbal tea - chamomile, etc., so that you can get your fluids in while feeling lousy. 

You'll do great! Go for it!

5'6", VSG on Dec. 2

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views