Starting soft stage on Tuesday and not sure what to eat!

msfitzy
on 9/3/15 11:22 am
with

So my doctor said to start the soft food diet on Tuesday since it will have been 3 weeks post surgery.  They said I could start with eggs, yogurt and cottage cheese.  The problem is, I don't like any of that.  So what else can I eat?  After 3 days of just these basic soft foods, then I can add in soft meats like breakfast sausage, roast, fish and canned chicken.  But I'm seriously stumped when I try to figure out what to eat those first 3 days.  Need some options please!

Age: 35 | Height: 5'9 | Surgery Date: 08/17/15 | Starting Weight: 307 | Surgery Weight: 279 | Goal Weight:150 | Current Weight: 212 | WL so far: 95 lbs

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

rocky513
on 9/3/15 11:45 am - WI

Check out this website.  She has lots of recipes to try through all the WLS eating phases.  I lived on her ricotta bake with marinara sauce.  It tastes like lasagna.  I also used her "refried" beans recipe with taco sauce.  You should be able to eat very soft, steamed, white fish  (like tilapia or haddock) if you chew VERY well.  

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

Ahmadk
on 9/3/15 2:19 pm

lentil soup, yogurt, Labneh these were the major things i ate at this stage.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/3/15 2:33 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I hated yogurt before surgery, but I decided to give it another go and tried Greek yogurt. It's not quite as sour and I actually like it a bit!

Would you be open to trying eggs with stuff mixed in? You can add a little bit of shredded cheese when you cook them, or add hot sauce.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

msfitzy
on 9/3/15 3:08 pm
with

I'm definitely going to give everything a try just in case my taste buds changed. I've never tried Greek yogurt so I'll definitely try that. 

Age: 35 | Height: 5'9 | Surgery Date: 08/17/15 | Starting Weight: 307 | Surgery Weight: 279 | Goal Weight:150 | Current Weight: 212 | WL so far: 95 lbs

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/3/15 3:14 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I like it a lot, it's not so sour and it has a thicker texture. One of my new favorites is to get strawberry Greek yogurt and add PB2 (powdered peanut butter), it comes out a lot like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

jamrodriguez
on 9/3/15 10:49 pm

Um, that sounds amazing. I'm totally trying that.

jamrodriguez
on 9/3/15 10:53 pm

I second the ricotta bakes! I love that stuff! Also you should be able to try really mushy oatmeal. Add some milk or extra water to make it mushy enough, and overcook it a bit. I like to add pb2 and a little protein powder to my oatmeal! 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 65 views