Tattoos

Luisa728
on 9/8/15 8:47 am

Hey guys,

So I was planning on getting a small tattoo of the date of my surgery a week before surgery. Is this a bad idea? Or is it not a big deal? I'm just wondering if the healing of a tattoo will affect me getting my surgery?

FuturePinUp
on 9/8/15 9:11 am

I would recommend waiting and getting a tattoo after your surgery to celebrate! You don't want to risk it getting infected in the hospital, also caring for it may be the last thing on your mind when you're recovering from surgery,etc. Ultimately, I would recommend asking your surgeon but I would wait because I would be afraid of infection.

I am also planning on getting a WLS-related tattoo but likely not until goal (or close). :)

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

C H
on 9/8/15 9:38 am

I think it's better that you wait until after surgery, there are times when surgeries get rescheduled and you wouldn't want to be stuck with a tattoo with the wrong date. 

Luisa728
on 9/8/15 11:17 am

So true!!

Paula1965
on 9/8/15 10:37 am
VSG on 04/01/15

I agree to wait until after surgery. I will be getting my first tatt when I reach goal! Can't wait!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

(deactivated member)
on 9/8/15 10:51 am

If you have an infection of any kind, your surgery will most likely be cancelled. A friend was scratched by his cat the day before his surgery and he was prepped and ready when the nurse noticed the scratch in the OR. The surgeon came in and took one look and cancelled the surgery. My friend was devastated to have wait another 4 weeks to have his surgery.

Luisa728
on 9/8/15 11:21 am

Now that's a crazy story!!  You have officially convinced me to wait!

diane S.
on 9/8/15 3:58 am

i say wait. your skin will change as you lose weight and it might be loose in some places. your tattoo might sag or shrink!!!!!!   wait until you are at goal.   D

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Luisa728
on 9/8/15 11:28 am

You all have scared the bajeezes out of me!! I'll definitely wait for my tattoos! I'll get them when I reach my goals! 

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 9/8/15 11:35 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Waiting would be a good idea, even after surgery you might want to wait. You might get a little wrinkly once you get to goal & your tat might not look too good unless you get it in a spot where you wouldn't get too much excess skin like the top of your foot, ankle, wrist etc.

There's the temporary tattoos too, I think it's made with henna &  it'll wear off after awhile. I want to get tattoos also, but will wait till I get plastics.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Most Active