Whooooooo Head hunger has been bad today !!!!

Ray R.
on 5/4/16 6:21 pm - Paterson, NJ

Wow today has been quite a test...

It's getting better to get my liquids in, but man just fantasizing about nibbling on a piece of cookie, the lasagna that my family currently eating

But I'm seeing the end goal- Sexy mofo !!! just kidding hahahahahaaha

come on 7 more days for puree!!!!

cupofjavaVSG
on 5/4/16 8:37 pm

Head Hunger is the worst!

Kris R.
on 5/5/16 6:22 am - Walworth, NY

It is horrid - and I've asked my family to make sure they put leftovers away, because that would be another awesome time for me to binge.. Yep.  this container is too small.  ok, I'll eat to make it fit, now look the container is too big.  well, i'll just fini**** and then i won't need the container at all ...  pretty sad, but that's one reason I'm here today.

Anyway, I can't be around them when they eat pasta.  so I don't.  I do laundry, go for my walk, I just refuse to have family dinners around pasta.  I do everything else ok, but put that on the table and all bets will be off.  So find out what really puts you over the top and just stay away.  Toss out the food that is calling your name.  You've got this - we've all been there or will be soon.

You can't take care of them, if you don't take care of you!!
Band 10/2006, removal 10/2010, VSG 02/08/2016

Ray R.
on 5/5/16 8:07 am - Paterson, NJ

I kind of locked myself in my room and just started drinking my clear protein drink , even though I could smell the yummy goodness. Regardless it is a good a idea and I find that at nighttime my head hunger is worse and I'm going to have to go for my walks much later.

iloveravens
on 5/5/16 6:32 am
RNY on 08/13/14

I remember counting down the days until the next stages...good luck, you've got this!

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

Luvmygs
on 5/5/16 7:49 am
VSG on 12/04/14

The first few weeks after surgery was very hard for me! Head hunger is terrible. Hang-in-there, once you get started on soft foods and start eating more, the head hunger will go away.

Ray R.
on 5/5/16 8:10 am - Paterson, NJ

I just wish my Doc would allow even full liquids , but it's straight clear liquids for 2 weeks

Regardless, I knew what I was getting into and just powering through like everyone else has

will get me through. It helps to know when you're fighting a battle and you haven't even the only

one to fight it.

Happytiger
on 5/5/16 6:41 pm
VBG on 05/11/16

i'll be damned! i never knew head hunger was a named thing! i have a lot to learn, for sure. i have been struggling with this and am now happy to learn that i've not actually been going crazy. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 64 views