2.5 years out - more restriction?!

diane S.
on 10/16/16 12:43 pm

Well I hope is is something as simple as eating faster or bigger bites resulting in more restrictive feeling. I have done that. But you are best to see your doctor. GL.  Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Gwen M.
on 10/16/16 1:51 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Something similar happened to me about 3 months post-op.  It wasn't a stricture, but my surgeon put me on an anti-spasmodic for a few weeks and had me revert back in diet stages.  So I did liquids for 3 days, pureeds for 3 days, and soft solids for 3 days.  The combination of these things resolved the issue.  

Since 3 months is a LONG time to wait.. maybe considering doing liquids for a few days and seeing how that goes?  Then, if that's fine, switch to pureeds for a few days and see what happens?  You won't hurt yourself by eating softer foods and maybe you just irritated your digestive tract somehow and it needs time off to recover a little.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

hollyk79
on 10/16/16 2:50 pm - NE ALBERTA, Canada
with

I am in Canada so that means getting in to see gastro will probably take every bit as long as my referral to bariatrics. But I will try some OTC Zantac to see if it helps. Also going to go down to a softer food diet for now - making a batch of soup as I type this.

I did have an ultrasound last spring. Gallstones were present so I was referred to a general surgeon. He thought my gallstones were not causing my pain and refused to do a cholecystectomy as I am high risk for surgery due to a previous pulmonary embolism. He is the one now referring me to the bariatric revision clinic for follow up. I had my original surgery done in Mexico so have not had a lot of follow up, other than regular bloodwork. 

Anyhow, really hoping it's just an acid thing... Stricture does not sound fun. 

I really do appreciate all of the input! 

White Dove
on 10/16/16 3:03 pm - Warren, OH

Stricture is just something that they can easily open up.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active