Having a Really Bad Day Today

mmsmom
on 6/15/18 2:49 am - Woburn, MA

It's nice to see such supportive answers on the board. Honestly, it took me months before I felt "normal" again. I had one incision that was painful for 5 weeks. The doctor said it's where the instruments went in and out and that muscle was cut. I bought a post partum belt on amazon (I'm sorry, I forget what it was called) but it provided alot of support and made me alot more comfortable. I have a post tummy tuck binder that would be even better. So, that may be a better thing to look for, if you think that would help.

Also don't compare yourself with others. It will only make you crazy. I kept seeing people get to goal in 7 months - and it took me closer to a year - but, guess what.... I still got there. There are others who it has taken several years. Don't give it, keep your eye on the prize and keep your head in the game. You can do this!

VSG on 04/28/2014

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/15/18 6:16 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I hope you are feeling better today. It seems like the hormonal ups and downs are more extreme for pre-menopausal women (I didn't have them). Definitely heed the advice of those here and don't compare your weight loss to others. Your journey will be unique to you.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Teresa G.
on 6/15/18 11:15 am
VSG on 06/07/18 with

Heheh I haven't been pre-menopausal in at least 5 years. Boy was that a ride!

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

TheWombat
on 6/15/18 7:27 am
VSG on 06/11/18

So sorry you're having a rough time of it. Interestingly, one of the last VSG YouTube videos I watched was from a woman nearly 3 months after her sleeve, who was upset because she had hardly lost any weight. I then skipped ahead to one of her more recent videos, and she had a perfect figure. I didn't have time to watch the interim videos to see how things turned around for her, but I suspect the stall broke and she caught up with the people she was comparing herself to.

MissCheri18
on 6/15/18 9:06 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

Sorry you are having it rough. I have watched MANY YouTube on this subject (VSG) and ALL of them have said how much they hated what they had done to themselves, what a horrible choice they made etc and you know what? It all passed, and they are super happy they did it. So sounds like it is just a phase that is normal. Lets face it also, you changed your whole LIFE and it's real, kind of like a death of the old you, you now have to do things differently but that too will pass, so go have your cry and even get mad and then embrace this new wonderful, healthy journey you were brave enough to take!

CC C.
on 6/15/18 1:06 pm

I was depressed for about 6 weeks after my sleeve. Trust that this will pass!

Teresa G.
on 6/15/18 2:45 pm
VSG on 06/07/18 with

I'm feeling so much better today. I can't wait till pureed/soft - I'm getting tired of only liquids.

It's like this is my job...making sure I'm getting enough liquids and protein.

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

Most Active