What is everyone eating after surgery?

cfkap8
on 2/3/06 9:14 am - MD
Hello AF spouses...and members, don't want to omit anyone. Trying to get this board going. I've missed a couple of weeks due to my WLS. What is everyone eating after surgery? I had drains for one week continuing with yucky broth, jello and popsicles. I had enough of that!!! But then, after drains removed, started soft proteins; egg, cheese, cottage cheese, fish, peanut butter, pbutter and crackers, cheese and crackers, yogurt and several other things. I'm having a good variety now and so far, everything is staying down and I'm doing fantastically. What about you? And, if you're far out from surgery, what is eating like for you now? What do you have if you go out to dinner? Thanks for all the input, Kim
Sweet Pea
on 2/4/06 7:39 am - Las Vegas, NV
I am 3 months out and I have just about everything except corn, anything with lots of sugar, soda, raisins, and not much bread or pasta. I pick as much protein as possible but I am still not hungry so I have to force down my three meals. I have found the pistacios have a lot of protein and so I try to have at least 30 of those a day. I have not found a shake that I like now. I have ordered all of the samples and although they were great 2 months ago I do not like any of them now. I do eat pb and a half of a banana, chicken, pork, beef(ground), and cottage cheese. But I am just not hungry. Out to eat is not that bad, I just bring home left overs for the family or hubby to take to work. Mostly I pick at my food and stir it around. A whole new concept for me to not shovel it in!! I found it easier to eat right after surgery at about month 2 I just did not want to eat. Good luck and welcome to the losing side!!! I love this tool!!!! Sweet Pea 251/202/125
Jazwog
on 2/5/06 4:25 am - Medical Lake, WA
I am 4 months out and I eat alot of refried beans and cheese and chili. When I was at your stage I ate nothing but refried beans. Sometime I would have a craving for CHIPS so what I did was licked a chip to death just to get the taste and craving of it. DOn't eat it tho. Also I find eating protein bars help. I put pb on them to give more flavor. if you need to have something crunchy then eat crackers. At this stage for you tho refried beans and cheese and chili and Cheddar cheese are your friend. You need to push that protein in as much as possible, don't worry about the rest it will come later. When I go out to eat I Still eat alot of soups or mash potatoes and meat loaf. chili, stuff that goes down easy but I usually eat off my husbands plate instead of ordering something for me because it would take me a week to eat it hahah
dfpoland
on 2/8/06 12:37 pm - MIDWEST CITY, OK
Sounds like I am eating what everyone else is. Lots of refried beans, cheese, chili, soup etc. I find I can eat almost anything if I take it real slow and CHEW CHEW CHEW. If i eat out it is usualy mexican (cheese encalada ali cart) or some times I will stop at Captain D's for broiled Fish ($1.09). I think the most important part is slow and chew. And get lots of protien. I make fruit smoothies with my protien powders. It is the only way I can get them down. And with ice, a few berries and some splenda, they taste GREAT! I feel like I am cheating. Deb 392/305/225
brittybritt72
on 2/16/06 12:32 am - N Charleston, SC
I am 5.5 months out and I eat just about everything other than bread, pasta and high fat and sugar foods. When I go out I look for the high protein things, but I LOVE crab cakes. Sometimes I will just add one to whatver my husband orders and eat that and may have a bite of his potato. I do at protein bars one a day. I like the power crunch french vanilla. You can order them on bariatriceating.com and they sale them at the Vitamin Shoppe. I also eat alot of cheese, Tuna and Chicken salad. Britt
Most Active
Recent Topics
Married during AIT?
airberg2b · 0 replies · 593 views
little rock AFB PCM
elromine · 1 replies · 370 views
hi
RJOLLY1967 · 2 replies · 394 views