I don't know if I can handle this again(Overseas Orders)

beebee
on 3/8/06 3:26 am - eglin afb, FL
I had surgery Feb. 2005. A couple of months later we found out we had orders to England in Sept. Two weeks before we were supposed to leave, I found out that I didn't get medical clearance. It said it was denied due to "lack of general medical facilities". They had issues because of all the follow up appts. I had with my surgeon. Granted I had no more than any other gastric bypass patient. They said just try again in about a year. I was devastated and went into severe depression. Not because we didn't get to move to England, but because I was told I was too sick to do so. Also before they denied us, I had quit my job and voluntarily given back our brand new van (which we are still paying on). WELL last week we got involuntary orders to go to England. We have to be there by Oct. 31. The last time we got orders my husband had volunteered, though it was long before i had even thought about surgery. I have to go through the whole process of getting medical clearance again. I don't know if I can emotionally handle it if I am denied again. This whole surgery has seriously done a number on my mental health. And this next part is no joke. We bought a slightly used, but still expensive car that we will be paying on for the next 6 years less than 1 month ago. And the day my husband found out about the orders was my 3rd day at my new job. I'm just now to the point physically and mentally to go back to work. I mentioned going back to work at my last psych appt. and he told me to hold off for a while longer that I still wasn't ready. But financially we couldn't afford it, especially with the new car so I went back to work anyway. And now this. Last time I felt physically able to handle a move abroad and I was denied. Now I don't feel mentally or physically able to even go through the process. Does anyone know if this will hinder getting medically cleared? And since this would be my 2nd medical clearance denial, will this impact my husband's career? He's been in for almost 10 years and we were planning on staying in for the full 20. Any advice or tales of similiar experiences would be greatly appreciated.
Karen T.
on 3/16/06 7:26 pm - Fort Meade, MD
OH Bee Bee I feel for you hun. I am at RAF Corughton, UK and been here since 2002. We leave Nov of this year. It is true, Tricare has had no approved Docs for WLS until this pasted month. I have been awaiting for 9 months for a dr. for WLS. I am having WLS Apil 11 with Mr. M. Hashemi in London. (Surgreons are called Mr. here and not Dr.) Tricare has also approved a Dr. Patal in London for WLS. You should have no problems getting your follow-ups in UK now. I do not know about the medical clearace hun cause I moved overseas befoer this surgrey. Email me anytime you like to chat. I like England, so much to see and do and the summer are awesome...winters are chilly and rainy..but these summers make uo for it. Goodluck!!! Karen
cfkap8
on 6/21/06 1:16 pm - MD
Hi, Bee Bee. What ever happened with the orders and you going? I don't check this board often because I'm usually the only one on it. Did you get the medical clearance? Kim P.
CinC_House1987
on 6/6/09 2:07 am
Jeez....I'm sorry to hear about your ordeal.

Second, I'm thrilled to find you all!

Third, I had RNY in '05.  9 months later they sent us to Korea.  There were absolutely NO services for WL patients. 

Bex
Most Active
Recent Topics
Married during AIT?
airberg2b · 0 replies · 593 views
little rock AFB PCM
elromine · 1 replies · 370 views
hi
RJOLLY1967 · 2 replies · 394 views