Just started process. Meet with Dr. Malipur today

irishmama2004
on 10/25/11 2:02 am - AL
 Hi y'all. I am new to this process although I have been researching surgery for some time.I have been obese my entire adult life. Now, I want out. I am a nurse and childbirth educator at Huntsville Hospital. I went to Dr. M's seminar last week. Today, we meet one on one. I have 6 months of waiting to go because I have BCBS insurance. Boo. Oh well. I am excited to begin this journey. Hope I have a good appointment. Any and all help is appreciated. I don't know what I don't know, ya know? 

(deactivated member)
on 10/25/11 11:25 am
Dr. M is great. I'm guessing you've been to the WLS group meetings at the Dowdle Center? If not I encourage you visit with them!

Good luck with the process. 6 months seems like a long time but it will fly by.
irishmama2004
on 10/27/11 7:12 am - AL
On October 25, 2011 at 6:25 PM Pacific Time, NoelS wrote:
Dr. M is great. I'm guessing you've been to the WLS group meetings at the Dowdle Center? If not I encourage you visit with them!

Good luck with the process. 6 months seems like a long time but it will fly by.
 THanks! I have not made it to the support meeting, just the seminar but the daytime one at Med Mall is on my calender for November. Can't wait!
Kim S.
on 10/27/11 4:28 am - Helena, AL
The 6 months goes by very quickly and it is a good time to start some of the changes you need to make in your lifestyle as you prepare for surgery.  I assume you already know which surgery you want? 

Check the guidelines for that surgery and try to implement as many of the changes now as possible.  I also recommend that you start exercising NOW.  It will make your recovery so much easier and then you'll already be in a good habit once your surgery is complete!

Best wishes on your journey and let us know if we can help in any way.

Kim

irishmama2004
on 10/27/11 7:13 am - AL
On October 27, 2011 at 11:28 AM Pacific Time, Kim S. wrote:
The 6 months goes by very quickly and it is a good time to start some of the changes you need to make in your lifestyle as you prepare for surgery.  I assume you already know which surgery you want? 

Check the guidelines for that surgery and try to implement as many of the changes now as possible.  I also recommend that you start exercising NOW.  It will make your recovery so much easier and then you'll already be in a good habit once your surgery is complete!

Best wishes on your journey and let us know if we can help in any way.

Kim
 Yes, I am having the vertical sleeve done. Good to know it goes by fast. I have started doing protein shakes and cutting calories and increasing water. Exercise start up next week. Tanks for the advice. I really appreciate it. 
Kim S.
on 10/27/11 9:18 am - Helena, AL
My sister had the VSG in March 2009 and has had great success!  You are doing the right thing....try to get used to all the things you'll have to do for life like supplements, giving up sugar, eating smaller meals and chewing very well.  Of course it will all be easier once you've had the surgery, but you can start to change behaviors now.

Leslie M.
on 10/27/11 10:38 am - AL
Good luck to you and welcome to the AL board!
Leslie
Lisa M.
on 10/28/11 10:22 pm - Delano, TN
Congratulations.....

It's a long journey but well worth the effort!  There is an awesome book I purchased from Unjury protein called Weight Loss surgery for dummies.  Pretty good book and it had a lot of helpful reminders in it.

Good Luck!

Lisa
Faith is NOT believing God can.
    It is knowing that God will!

Most Active