Going to concerts after WLS

Valerie H.
on 5/9/04 11:07 am - Chino Hills, CA
OMG - I just have to share... Since my WLS, I have gone to about 6 concerts and had a blast! I went to maybe 1 concert a year pre-op... but always felt uncomfortable and ugly because of my size. Now that I am post-op, Ive been to many concerts and I am sooo excited to go to more!!! Thank you WLS for helping me to be involved in life - and not jus****ching from the sidelines.
karie M.
on 5/17/04 3:00 am - pickens, SC
That's great! I love music and have been seeing shows my entire life. When I got fat, I stopped going. Since my surgery 3 months ago I have lost 55 lbs and am really stoked about getting back into the music scene. Who have you heard recently?
Steph C.
on 5/20/04 6:54 am - mn
I know how you feel! I have been playing bass guitar in an all female garage band for about 3 years and before my surgery (9-8-03), I would just be so uncomfortable on stage and sweat would get in my eyes and I felt like everyone was judging me cause I was so big. It is just so amazing how much better I feel and I imagine I am a better performer since I feel so much more at home on stage now since I am 124 pounds lighter. I don't mind being in the spotlight now. It is so much fun being able to wear those short skirts too! Steph
P. Reeder
on 6/6/04 11:52 pm - Battle Creek, MI
What's the soonest after surgery that anyone has gone to a concert? 'Cause right now, 2 months out, to the day, i've got tickets (12th row center) for Nickelback. And i will say, i'm a little worried/cautious.
Valerie H.
on 6/7/04 2:26 am - Chino Hills, CA
Well...as long as you can stand or sit up for however long the concert is - and not experience pain... you should be ok. Of course... no snacks or soda... and more than likely... no moshing - hahahaha, Good luck and have fun!!
foreverbusy
on 7/14/04 4:12 am - Glenside, PA
I'm going to Nickelback in Jersey this weekend! I'm sooo psyched! Hope they do a good show, I've never seen them live. Dawn
P. Reeder
on 7/14/04 7:23 am - Battle Creek, MI
They are awesome. This aug will be the 5th time i've seen them. Of course none of them beat the 1st time. But, never a dull show. Have fun.
Tara M.
on 7/23/04 6:40 pm - Birmingham, AL
Ive got tickets to go see the Pixies in B'ham in October. Im excited but still aprehensive. I go to a lot of shows but since ive become bigger it has been harder. You know the thing i dread most is probably silly to most but it is the counter thingy you have to go through that counts people. I remember the last show i went to see (Tori Amos rocked) and It was a tight squeeze. Is there a way to get around those things with out embarrasment? Thanks for letting me share. Tara
Most Active
Recent Topics
In the mosh pit after WLS!!
Krissy · 0 replies · 313 views
KillSwitch Engage ROX!
christie0626 · 4 replies · 372 views
Going to concerts after WLS
Valerie H. · 7 replies · 371 views