Staple your ears for weight loss?!?

jewels_is_melting
on 9/12/07 4:32 am - Littleton, CO
I found this article on the web and wanted to share.  Why staple your stomach when you can staple your ears? http://www.netscape.com/viewstory/2007/09/11/ear-stapling-fo r-weight-loss/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.carefair.com%2FNutrition %2FEar_Stapling_for_Weight_Loss_3091.html&frame=true What in the world? Ear stapling for weight loss?   It’s not a joke. Ear stapling for weight loss is the latest new diet trend to catch the world’s attention. This new procedure involves no dieting or calorie counting to worry about. So then how exactly does this new diet work and does it really help you to lose the weight. We were determined to find out.

The Diet

Ear stapling for weight loss is supposed to allow you to enjoy all of your favorite foods without the worry. You don’t need to diet is the claim. Instead this new weight loss trend claims that stapling the ear will make you eat less by sending a message to your brain tell you that you’re fool. As a result you of course lose weight!

The Procedure

Ear stapling is done by stapling the cartilage inside the middle part of your ear with a piece of stainless steel. The piece of stainless steel acts as a control to your stomach by pushing against a pressure point that sends signals to your brain. This same pressure point is also suppose to relieve the stress and tension that causes people to overeat.

The procedure only costs around $70 for both ears to be done. Most people who have had tried the ear stapling procedure say that it has been very effective. However, this procedure has not been tested scientifically. Still, those who are qualified to perform the procedure are claiming women can lose anywhere from 2- 4 pounds a week and men can lose 4 to 10 pounds a week. The catch is, you must eat healthy and exercise if you want to lose the weight.

Afterwards

If you haven’t lost any weight after a week after you have the ear stapling done, you will have to go back to the staple repositioned. If this still doesn’t work, then you’re told it’s not for you. As with any kind medical procedures, there is a risk of infection if the ear stapling is done incorrectly. As a result the stapling can leave scars or even worse, loss of your ear.

Before You Decide

If you’re really considering this form of weight loss, be sure the professional you choose to perform the procedure is licensed with some form of medical background. Do your homework and ask questions. Look for their license, which should be in plain view and ask them about their clients’ success rate. If he or she is negative about your questions and concerns, leave immediately. Never have someone staple your ear that does not have a medical license. Going with anyone else can be very risky since some states like Mississippi are reporting shutdowns for illegal stapling operations and a high risk of infections.

Finally, keep in mind that any weight loss trend that says you can lose weight without dieting, but then recommends you eat healthy and exercise to lose the weight is the first sign of a gimmick! If you’re still willing to give it a try however, just be safe and do your homework! We cherish our readers and do not want to see anything bad happen to them!

Julie D.
on 9/12/07 4:35 am - Stephenville, TX
I did this about 7 years ago.  It hurt like total heck and didn't work at all.  Taking it out was the most painful thing...I know, sounds crazy, but it was horrible!  Julie

Much Love,
Jules

jewels_is_melting
on 9/12/07 4:43 am - Littleton, CO
It sounds painful.  I'd never heard of such a thing.  Ohhhhh, the things we do to lose weight!!
goodbye-hello
on 9/12/07 4:41 am - , KS
My Mom tried this 27+ years ago and it did nothing!! It was a big trend back then.....and if I remember right the results were very poor and it was dropped as a weight loss procedure.
jewels_is_melting
on 9/12/07 4:45 am - Littleton, CO
Wow this has been around for a while.  Maybe I'll start doing it on the side out of my cubical - I have a good stapler, and would charge less than the professionals!! 
g1rl 0n f1re
on 9/12/07 4:49 am - City of Angels, CA

lmao...i was the designated body piercer in my tattoo shop and we would get lots of girls wanting a tragus piercing because they heard it helps lose weight... i just nodded, took their money, and did the piercing... it's up there with the "authentic" kanji tattoos...lol xxxBecca

" Let us drink a toast....to Gods and Monsters"
                                    -Dr. Pretorious; Bride of Frankenstein

jewels_is_melting
on 9/12/07 5:20 am - Littleton, CO

I just looked at your profile and I LOVE your Chuck Norris - Jesus picture.  That made me laugh so hard!

g1rl 0n f1re
on 9/12/07 10:26 pm - City of Angels, CA
lol..."the gift of beard" ...one we will nver know... *sighs* xxxBecca
" Let us drink a toast....to Gods and Monsters"
                                    -Dr. Pretorious; Bride of Frankenstein

GayleTx
on 9/12/07 5:17 am - northeast, TX
It's been around for years.....have known lots of people who tried it (myself included) but don't know even one who benefitted from it.  It's based on the same principle supposedly as accupuncture and reflexology. 
Patti B.
on 9/12/07 5:51 am - Meyersdale, PA
The only way I see this working is if they staple my ears over my mouth   LOL  Just another diet hoax to take our money.

Patti B       

Here is a test to see if your mission in life is complete: If you're still alive it isn't

Most Active