Need some protein ball recipes

Julie D.
on 10/15/07 3:54 am - Stephenville, TX

I thought that having some protein balls to munch on would be a good snack, but don't have any earthly idea how to make them.  Could anyone please give me some ideas? Thanks! Julie

Much Love,
Jules

Connie D.
on 10/15/07 4:03 am
I found this one in my recipe file.... Protein Balls Recipe
The pb and oatmeal balls are VERY easy. 1 cup Peanut Butter (I use no-sugar-added Peter Pan) 1 cup rolled oatmeal -- not the instant stuff 1 cup protein powder (I use Matrix Chocolate, but you can use other flavors) 5 packets Splenda Warm the peanut butter in microwave about 30-40 seconds -- it melts it and makes mixing in the other ingredients much easier. Add the oatmeal, protein powder, and Splenda and mix well. (If needed, you can add a little bit of water to make it easier to mix)  Roll into walnut sized balls, refrigerate. Store in fridge in zip-lock baggies. This recipe makes 20-24 balls.
connie d
Beckers
on 10/15/07 4:09 am - Cottage Grove, OR
Here are some protein ball variations that have been circling OH: PROTEIN BALLS I 1 cup Peanut Butter 1 cup rolled oatmeal -- not the instant stuff 1 cup protein powder 5 packets Sugar substitute Warm the peanut butter in microwave about 30-40 seconds -- it melts it and makes mixing in the other ingredients much easier. Add the oatmeal, protein powder, and Sugar substitute and mix well. (If needed, you can add a little bit of water to make it easier to mix) Roll into walnut sized balls, refrigerate. Store in fridge in zip-lock baggies. This recipe makes 20-24 balls. PROTEIN BALLS II 1 cup of protein powder (chocolate or vanilla) 1 cup of non-fat dry milk 1 cup of rice crispy cereal 1 cup of peanut butter Sugar substitute to taste Cocoa powder mixed with Sugar substitute Add the Protein Powder, Dry Milk, Cereal and Peanut Butter in a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly making sure that all the dry milk is in the mix and not really visible. If you like it really sweet, add some more Sugar substitute to fit your taste. Form the mixture into small balls (about 1.5 inches in diameter) Roll in the cocoa/Sugar substitute mix. Refrigerate. PROTEIN BALLS III 1 cup peanut butter 1 cup sugar free honey 1 cup unflavored protein powder 1/2 cup grape nut cereal sprinkle of cinnamon sprinkle of Sugar substitute Mix peanut butter, honey and protein powder together till well blended. Form into balls. In another bowl mix grape nuts, Sugar substitute and cinnamon together. Wet peanut butter balls with water and roll into grape nut mixture. Place in frig and grab when you need a yummy snack! PROTEIN BALLS IV 1 cup peanut butter 2 scoops of chocolate protein powder 1/2 cup low carb special K cereal 3 tablespoon of sugar free maple syrup 1/4 cup chopped nuts oatmeal (not instant) 3 packets of sugar substitute I mixed everything up in a bowl and then rolled them in oatmeal. PROTEIN BALLS V 1 cup protein powder 1 cup peanut butter 1/2 cup sugar free maple syrup or honey Mix together well and roll into balls - about the size of a ping pong ball. Store in a Tupperware or Ziploc bag in the refrigerator.. PROTEIN BALLS VI 1 cup protein powder (chocolate or vanilla) 1 cup non-fat dry milk 1 cup rice crispy cereal 1 cup peanut butter Sugar substitute to taste cocoa powder mixed with Sugar substitute Add the protein powder, dry milk, cereal and peanut butter in a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly making sure that all the dry milk is in the mix and not visible. If you like it real sweet, add some more Sugar substitute to fit your taste. Form the mixture into small balls (about 1.5 inches in diameter) Roll in the cocoa/Sugar substitute mix. Refrigerate. Each ball has about 10 grams of protein.

Before-AfterR.jpg image by Becca62368_album
Rebecca, 5'8" tall
288 /   156  / 155
High/Current/Goal

Samantha B.
on 6/11/09 4:55 am - welland, Canada
how much protein are in these things? 

Heaviest~ 286 Surgery ~ 265  Current ~ 163 Goal~ 145-154   BabyFruit Ticker       

A Better Jennifer .
on 10/15/07 4:23 am - Lake Jackson, TX

Ricotta Protein Bars 1 square unsweetened chocolate 1/3 c. plus 2 T. peanut butter Melt together in the microwave. Stir in: 1/4 c. Splenda Granular 2 scoops protein powder (I use the IDS chocolate) 1/3 c. Ricotta cheese Mix well and shape into a round flat disc about 6 inches across. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill until hardened. Cut into 12 pie shaped wedges. Stats approx 18 grams pro/each 98 calories/each

Protein Balls Recipe
The pb and oatmeal balls are VERY easy. 1 cup Peanut Butter (I use no-sugar-added Peter Pan) 1 cup rolled oatmeal -- not the instant stuff 1 cup protein powder (I use Matrix Chocolate, but you can use other flavors) 5 packets Splenda Warm the peanut butter in microwave about 30-40 seconds -- it melts it and makes mixing in the other ingredients much easier. Add the oatmeal, protein powder, and Splenda and mix well. (If needed, you can add a little bit of water to make it easier to mix)  Roll into walnut sized balls, refrigerate. Store in fridge in zip-lock baggies. This recipe makes 20-24 balls. Protect them. They tend to disappear. My family loves to snack on them.

I make them pretty much the same way Jean does, but I use 1/2 cup SF syrup instead of Splenda--and I

usually throw in some peanuts...just because...I roll them into the size of ping pong balls and put 3 of

them in snack size zip lock bags and have to HIDE them in the bottom of the fridge or my teenagers

will eat them all up  

Protein Balls 1 cup of protein powder (chocolate or vanilla) 1 cup of non-fat dry milk 1 cup of rice crispy cereal 1 cup of peanut butter Splenda to taste Cocoa powder mixed with Splenda Add the Protein Powder, Dry Milk, Cereal and Peanut Butter in a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly making sure that all the dry milk is in the mix and not really visible. If you like it really sweet, add some more Splenda to fit your taste. Form the mixture into small balls (about 1.5 inches in diameter) Roll in the cocoa/Splenda mix. Refrigerate. Each ball has about 10 grams of protein.

Protein Balls 1 1/2 cups lowfat powdered milk 1 1/2 cups oatmeal 1 cup creamy peanut butter 5 scoops Elite Rich Chocolate protein powder 8 packets of Splenda 1 cup cold water

Protein Bars

3 1/2 cups rolled oats 1 1/2 cups powdered milk 1 tablespoon cinnamon 1 cup maple syrup 1/4 cup vanilla whey protein powder 1 large egg 1 1/4 cups orange juice 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 cup dried fruit, chopped 10 servings

25 minutes 10 mins prep Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line 7 X 11 inch baking pan with waxed paper. Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Spread onto pan, press cutting lines into make 10 pieces. Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown. Cut apart, then cool and wrap. Store airtight at room temperature for up to two weeks.

Power Butter Balls 1 cup Power Butter or peanut butter 1 egg 1 cup Splenda Mix together and form balls or press to form cookies. Bake at 350 for about 12 minutes.

Peanut Butter Protein Bars 1/2 cup skim milk 1 cup natural-style peanut butter or low-fat peanut butter 1 tablespoon honey 1 1/4-1 1/2 cups of whey protein powder (I use vanilla, but I'm sure chocolate would work too) 2 cups dry uncooked oatmeal (not quick cooking kind) 1. Combine PB, honey and milk in a pot. 2. Warm over low heat. 3. Add the protein powder and mix well. 4. Add the oats. 5. You don't want to cook it, just warm it through so you can stir it. 6. Add more milk if it is too thick to stir. 7. Press in a 9" x 13" pan. 8. Let the bars sit until cool, and cut into 16 equal sized bars. 9. Wrap each bar in foil or Saran wrap and store in plastic baggies. 10. They do not need refrigeration. This is the breakdown of nutrition with full fat cream cheese: Total calories: 145 Fat: 5 grams Protein: 16 Carbs: 5

Protein Balls 1 c peanut butter (I used Simply Jif) 2 scoops of Unjury chocolate 1/2 c low carb special K 3 tbsp of sugar free maple syrup 1/4 c chopped nuts I used pecans, walnuts, almonds oatmeal 3 packets of Splenda I mixed everything up in a bowl and then rolled them in oatmeal. They were yummy!

Protein Balls

1 cup protein powder (I use whatever protein powder I have at the time) 1 cup uncooked oatmeal (not the quick oats, just regular oatmeal) 1 cup peanut butter 1/2 cup sugar free maple syrup or honey (I use less the 1/2c of honey. Mix together well and roll into balls - about the size of a ping pong ball. Store in a Tupperware or Ziploc bag in the refrigerator. They have about 10 grams of protein each.

Protein balls 1 cup protein powder (chocolate or vanilla) 1 cup non-fat dry milk 1 cup rice crispy cereal 1 cup peanut butter Splenda to taste cocoa powder mixed with Splenda Add the protein powder, dry milk, cereal and peanut butter in a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly making sure that all the dry milk is in the mix and not visible. If you like it real sweet, add some more Splenda to fit your taste. Form the mixture into small balls ( about 1.5 inches in diameter) Roll in the cocoa/Splenda mix. Refrigerate. Each ball has about 10 grams of protein.

Peanut Butter Balls 1 c- sugar free peanut butter 1c- rice krispies 1c-protein powder (I was told choc. or vanilla, but my Cappuccino that I already had worked fine.) Splenda to taste roll into balls and then into cocoa/Splenda mixed (if desired) and refrigerate in baggies. They say they are 10 g protein per 1 1/2 in. ball!

Protein Poppers 1 C. protein powder 1 C. non-fat dry milk 1 C. peanut butter Cocoa powder 2 tbsp water ½ C. ground flax seed ½ C. rolled oats Splenda to taste 1 tsp. rum extract Mix protein powder, milk powder, rum extract and peanut butter. When totally mixed, add flax and oats. Pu****er in bowl on side; make one inch balls, dipping fingers into water if too sticky. In separate bowl, mix Splenda and cocoa. Roll each ball in cocoa mixture. Chill one hour before eating. Approx.10 grams of protein per ball.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls couple of ounces of cream cheese (fat free) couple of large tablespoons of peanut butter couple of large tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa 1/4 to 1/3 cup Splenda Then I just mash and stir until all the dry has been incorporated into the wet. At this point I roll it into balls about as big around as an olive and chill (or eat right away, if you can't wait!). You shouldn't go wild with these, but a couple of them will curb the chocolate craving for me. Enjoy!

Peanut Butter Balls 1 cup peanut butter 1 cup Splenda blend this together... 1 tsp vanilla 1 egg and 1 serving of protein powder mix all this.  Roll into 6 balls and place on a cookie sheet-spray your hands with Pam so the cookie dough won't stick to your hands.  Dip your fork in Splenda and do a crisscross on top of the cookie.  Bake at 350 for 8-12 minutes.  Let cool.  *If you eat them while they are still warm, they will crumble in your hands. I guess they just need time to set?

Protein Balls

1 cup peanut butter 1 cup sugar free honey 1 cup unflavored protein powder 1/2 cup grape nut cereal sprinkle of cinnamon sprinkle of Splenda Mix peanut butter, honey and protein powder together till well blended. Form into balls. In another bowl mix grape nuts, Splenda and cinnamon together. Wet peanut butter balls with water and roll into grape nut mixture. Place in frig and grab when you need a yummy snack!

Protein Poppers 1 C. protein powder 1 C. non-fat dry milk 1 C. peanut butter Cocoa powder 2 tbsp water ½ C. ground flax seed ½ C. rolled oats Splenda to taste 1 tsp. rum extract Mix protein powder, milk powder, rum extract and peanut butter. When totally mixed, add flax and oats. Pu****er in bowl on side, make one inch balls, dipping fingers into water if too sticky. In separate bowl, mix splenda and cocoa. Roll each ball in cocoa mixture. Chill one hour before eating. Apprx. 10 grams of protein per ball.

Nutty Fudge Protein Bar (from Ann B/Ann in TX) 2 1/3 cups chocolate protein powder (I use Champion Whey Stack) 1 oz square unsweetened chocolate 1/2 cup butter 4 oz cream cheese 1 oz chopped pecans 1 teaspoon vanilla 2 teaspoons peanut butter 1/4 cup Splenda Melt butter, cream cheese, peanut butter and chocolate in bowl in microwave and mix together very well. Add Splenda and vanilla, mix well again. Add pecans and protein powder and mix. Place in a baking pan, press down and refrigerate. When cooled and hardened, cut into 20 square bars. This does not get baked but the mixture will be warm from heating the first five ingredients in the microwave. Makes 20 bars Nutrition counts: (Based on using real butter and cream cheese, could be lower if diet butter, low fat cream cheese, or if applesauce is substituted for the butter.) I am sure these would be good using sugar free chocolate but I prefer not to have the extra calories or manitol. Grams Per big bar: Calories 123 Fat 8 Carb 1.5 Protein 7.5

****Jennifer****  Current Wt 165-170 lbs--160# GONE!!!  WOW!!!  Highest Wt (Spring 2006)-327 lbs/Surgery Day (07/03/06)-321 lbs.
I have been a RN (16+ yrs) w/ much ER experience as well as some in a wide variety of other areas such as ICU & med/surg.  I do have my opinions & I base them on my education and experience.  Regardless, they are my opinions.  Always consult your doctor when medical advice is needed.  Be cautious about receiving medical advice from other sources.

squirlyboo
on 6/3/09 3:52 am - GA
hiya
i made some peanut butter balls that came out soooo good.. my mom used to make em wheni was a kid . i adjusted mine to add more protein.. now i can tollerate honey and agave nector so that is what i use . i just prfer naturural sugars to artificial ones .. i also dont measure ingrediants so ill guestimate what they are lol...here goes

1 1/2 cups natural peanut butter
2 tbs raw honey or agave nector
1/2 cup whole alomonds blended to a powder
1 scoop unjury unflavored
1/2 cup powdered milk
mix and form into balls
if too dry adjust or add a small bit more of honey..my kids really love these and the almonds add a toasted flavor ..
good luck and enjoy

Robyn V.
on 6/11/09 4:47 am - Riverside, RI
Sounds yummy!
Most Active