DS math

LeaAnn
on 1/12/08 9:11 am - Huntsville, AL
(deactivated member)
on 1/12/08 7:06 am - San Jose, CA
Yeah, my poop is bigger than it used to be.  And your point is?    I was on a CONTINUOUS diet pre-op, restricting my fat and calories to try to SLOW the rate of weight gain.  Now, I go poop first thing in the morning, and sometimes a second time after breakfast and I'm done for the day.  (If I'm already out of the house, I don't have to go -- I am "poop shy" about going anywhere but home, except when I'm at a hotel.)  It's softer too, but it's not diarrhea -- and much easier to poop than my pre-op, IBS issues.  If I had known that my IBS was going to get so much better after my DS, I would have considered doing it for that reason alone! The gas can be pretty stinky -- but my gas was stinky pre-op too, and it is easy to control by what I eat.  I don't eat white flour or beans or broccoli for breakfast or lunch on workdays, or 4-6 hours before I have to be out of my house.  At home, I feel the right to fart to my heart's content.  It amuses my husband and offends the cats.
(deactivated member)
on 1/15/08 1:31 am - Decatur, AL
ok, i have no idea what this thread is about and i honestly really don't even care. i just wanted to butt in for a moment though and tell you that you totally cracked my a$$ up with this comment: "At home, I feel the right to fart to my heart's content.  It amuses my husband and offends the cats."
Frozen_Peach
on 1/12/08 6:28 am, edited 1/12/08 6:28 am

Post Date: 1/12/08 2:19 pm
We are wondering how come you are lying and have been on ww and nutrasystem and god knows what else, seems mushrooms. Put some fat on that veggie burger to go.
Jade

Jade you are a LOT like children in general - you pick and choose what you hear....out of all that she has posted, this is the ONLY thing you saw and you can't even get it right??

really.....sad sad sad

MY DS  
 labrats.jpg picture by Frozen_Peach

Get the facts about Duodenal Switch at DS Facts
<~~link
DS Recipes can be shared HERE <~~link

~ Lexipro ~
on 1/12/08 6:32 am - SC
Aw **** jade blocked me. Afk shooting myself.

Lexi -  Size 6-8 and holding.

Elizabeth N.
on 1/12/08 6:40 am - Burlington County, NJ
You poor thing *sends you a sympathy card*.
Frozen_Peach
on 1/12/08 12:24 pm
she blocked me too long time ago LOL

MY DS  
 labrats.jpg picture by Frozen_Peach

Get the facts about Duodenal Switch at DS Facts
<~~link
DS Recipes can be shared HERE <~~link

SIOBHANAKRON
on 1/12/08 6:33 am - akron
I find this post interesting,,, why would you WANT to continue eating "yummy fat"??  Isn't that what made you become obese in the first place?  I must admit, I am a little scared of the foamies, and dumping, however, I WANT to change my eating patterns.  I would think that one would want to change the way you look at food, not just mask it with some surgical procedure.  I am sorry but eating 3000 calories a day and not exercising, isn't addressing any of the issues as to why someone would become obese in the first place.  I like the fact that the RNY will FORCE me to change my eating habits, and I don't look at dumping as a punishment, rather a reaction from a unhealthy behavior.  I hope you understand what I mean, and I respect your choice to have the ds and to tell others about it, just maybe you should wait for someone to ask, rather than just preach your choice to everyone.  And to Jade, I have always leanded your way on many issues, but it is getting a little extreme at this point.  You need to find something better to do with your time than stir the pot, and keep bringing up crap that the rest of us would just like to go away.  We all want to lose weight, and everyone has the right to do so, in their own way!

hockeymom8016
on 1/12/08 6:41 am - NJ
I agree.  I was not eating that many calories a day prior to surgery so see no need to be able to eat that many calories after surgery.  I also wanted to change my relationship with food and have noticed that in the past year or so I have started to look at food differently.  I am extremely happy with my RNY and even though at the beginning I have to give up a few things I know eventually I will be able to have whatever I want and be satisfied with less of it. 

Sean_B
on 1/12/08 8:51 am - Schenectady, NY
I agree.  I was not eating that many calories a day prior to surgery realistically, you probably were, but don't realize it.  many foods and drinks would surprise the average person finding out the calorie count for the first time. your profile is blank, and you don't have any sort of "ticker" so I don't know YOUR specifics.... but... an average person requires approximately 10 calories per pound (of body weight) to MAINTAIN their weight.... so if you weighed 300 lbs, your body would have needed somewhere around 3000 cal just to STAY at 300 lbs.  for every 3500 cal surplus (or deficit) you would gain (or lose) one pound. so if you weighed 300 lbs and were continuing to gain, you were taking in more than 3000 cal.

Pre: 324 Now: 185-190 http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v362/171/99/1251208761/n1251208761_30154298_7588.jpg

Most Active