DS math

hockeymom8016
on 1/12/08 9:47 am - NJ
I wasn't continuing to gain.  In fact I was losing prior to surgery.  I drank one cup of coffee every day and then water. I don't drink alcohol and soda was a once in a blue moon thing.  I typically had half a sandwich, salad or soup for lunch and for dinner (if I ate dinner) I had just some protein. I ate very little carbs prior to my surgery, I know I did not eat that many calories every day because my stomach did not hold as much as it used to. 

Elizabeth N.
on 1/12/08 9:53 am - Burlington County, NJ
It doesn't take much effort, if any, to eat 3000 calories a day if you haven't had WLS and you EVER indulge in anything that's precooked or packaged--if you live in the USA.
Tiffany G.
on 1/12/08 7:02 am
Exactly.  That's why it's important to choose the surgery for YOU.  Me...  I like food.  I like to eat.  I will probably like to eat for the rest of my life.  I don't want to severely change my eating habits if I don't have to.  I like to have sweets occasionally.  I would really resent my surgery if I couldn't enjoy a piece of cake with my son on his birthday, or cookies at the holiday party.  If I can eat 3,000 calories (which = 1200 cals in DS land) and a full fat diet and be healthier at the same time, I'm all for it! Exercise, like Diana said, you SHOULD do it.  It's not mandatory, just like it's not mandatory for naturally thin people to do it.  I don't want to exercise because I have to.  I want to do it because I like to and it makes me feel good. BTW, Diana, excellent post!
~*Tiffany*~ my DS

Kim Meeks
on 1/12/08 7:27 am - lubbock, TX
hi tiffany i didnt know about the DS before i had surgery i doubt that it would have changed my mind but, you never know anyway  i was just curious when you are having surgery? kf

trip to laurie's

Kim Fiveash   
START: 270 /GOAL 150/  Lowest 129 /Current 140 (my new goal is 135 - half of 270=)

Tiffany G.
on 1/12/08 7:29 am
Hi Kim.  I don't have a date yet.  I start my 3 months preop program on Monday.  I'm hoping to have insurance approval and a date by May/June.
~*Tiffany*~ my DS

Kim Meeks
on 1/12/08 7:32 am - lubbock, TX
good luck with that i have heard that the DS can be a good choice  especially if you have a lot to lose i am happy for you  and hope your ins comes through it took me several months to get funding i went through  TX rehab since my ins doesnt cover wls you are beautiful and i wish you the best i found this post interesting kf

trip to laurie's

Kim Fiveash   
START: 270 /GOAL 150/  Lowest 129 /Current 140 (my new goal is 135 - half of 270=)

Tiffany G.
on 1/12/08 7:58 am
Thank you Kim!  You are very pretty too, and you have done wonderful with your surgery.  You'll be at goal in no time!
~*Tiffany*~ my DS

Kim Meeks
on 1/12/08 8:18 am - lubbock, TX

thanks tiffany i hope you're right i feel like the last 25 pounds is as insurmountable  as the whole 135 was sometimes! i guess it is 20 pounds now i wt 155 this morning so, i need to update my ticker thingy i wish you good luck on your surgery it probably doesnt really matter which one you chose as long as it is the right one for you and you "use" it

do you mind if i add you as friend?

kf

trip to laurie's

Kim Fiveash   

KaydeeBug
on 1/12/08 9:28 am
Kim, I have been reading your posts on this thread (only got as far as the first page so far) and I have to say, you are a sweetie.  Not saying that everyone else isn't, just saying that you are.  
LeaAnn
on 1/12/08 9:59 am - Huntsville, AL
She IS a sweetie, ain't she!  And she GAWGEOUS, too!  Hey, doesn't she look like the older Sally Struthers in her before pic, and the All in the Family Sally Struthers (Gloria) in the after?  hehe
Most Active