I CAN'T SEEM TO LOSE THIS LAST 22 POUNDS, SCARED!

smoochy
on 3/13/08 9:13 am - , CA

I CAN'T SEEM TO LOSE THIS LAST 22 POUNDS.      I TAKE MY WATER, HIGH-PROTEIN,, ALL MY VITAMINS.  I EVEN JUST GOT A NEW B12 SHOT AT THE DOCTOR'S OFFICE YESTERDAY.  I ONLY LOST ONE THIS   WEEK.

I HAD MY Roux-en-Y  GASTRIC BYPASS ON DECEMBER 26, 2008.  I THOUGHT I WAS IN ME. WHERE I SHOULD HAVE RAPID WEIGHT LOSS. MY MIND IS IN THE FAST TRACK MODE, AND MY BODY JUST WILL NOT COOPERATE. IN LOSING THIS LAST 22 POUNDS.

I AM WONDERING IF MY ROUX-EN-Y  GASTRIC BYPASS IS NOT WORKING CORRECTLY.

I ANXIOUSLY AWAY YOUR WELCOME COMMENTS. SMOOCHY.

SophieGrace
on 3/13/08 9:20 am - IL
I just had a major revision, have lost only 15 pounds since surgery, and now I seem to be gaining.

It's doubtful you're done.  It's probably doubtful that I'm done, but I have no idea.

If you're still losing weight, even if it's a pound a week, you're doing better than I am.

SophieGrace 

Con Con
on 3/13/08 9:24 am - Coastal, MS
OMG!!! You are only ****3 months***** out from surgery. If you only have 22 pounds to lose thank your lucky stars. I am 15 months out, and have 25. You body just went through a rapid weight loss, it is stopping to ensure it is healthy. It will catch up and you will lose.... patience is needed. This is NOT a race.
Kim Meeks
on 3/13/08 9:29 am - lubbock, TX
let me get this straight? you had surgery in december and you are worried that your rny isnt working? but, you have lost over 100#? what?

trip to laurie's

Kim Fiveash   
START: 270 /GOAL 150/  Lowest 129 /Current 140 (my new goal is 135 - half of 270=)

Kattin
on 3/13/08 9:37 am - WA
You're only 3 mo. out and have lost that much already? That seems a lot in a short time, but I know we each lose differently. Did your Dr. not go over how your surgery works? You are still in what's called " the honeymoon" stage. You have up to 18 mo. began to worry you're not losing enough. Maybe your body is slowing itself down for your own good. To have just 22 more lbs to goal in just 3 mo., just seems unreal to me. I wish you the best. Take care, Kathy
Kathy
Proximal Rny Mar. 8th 2007 Dr Oh
Pre Surg. 239,lowest 135 current 162 ,goal 145
5ft 2 in 

peacefuldaizy
on 3/13/08 9:38 am - South of Buffalo, NY
I have to wonder if this is a serious post ... 117 lbs in a few months with 22 lbs to go, and you are unsure if wls is working for you???    I don't get it, but if you are for real, you may want to really think about your expectations.   Annette

Linda_S
on 3/13/08 9:47 am - Eugene, OR
How can you possibly be serious?  I'm almost 8 months out and I still have 40 pounds to go.  I've been stuck for the last two months, but I'm expecting the scale to move any day now. Linda

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

(deactivated member)
on 3/13/08 9:54 am - LA
Do you exercise!! It sure helps the RNY work better~
smoochy
on 3/13/08 10:01 am - , CA

CLARITY

I WANT TO HAVE CLARITY HERE, THIS IS NO JOKE.

I STARTED OUT IN JULY 2007.

MAKING APPLICATION FOR THE ROUX-EN-Y.  7/01/07. I HAD TO DO.

DO A THREE  MONTH multi-displinary.

Diet, with a nutritionist, physical.

Therapy, with physician checkups regularly.  When I started I weighed   340, at the time of the Roux-en-Y.  I was about 280.  Today my weight is too 222, LBS

And I want to weigh 200, I am 6’4”,

So I need to lose 22 pounds.  I FEEL LIKE I HAVE BEEN  SPRINTING  AND I REALIZE.

THIS IS A MARATHON .

MAY BE, I HAVE TOO MANY EXPECTATIONS, AND I AM IMPATIENT.

I APPRECIATE ALL YOUR COMMENTS AND ALL YOUR HELP.

I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT I AM  AM VERY SERIOUS.

AND VALUE YOUR OPINIONS.

THANK YOU, SMOOCHY

Linda_S
on 3/13/08 10:39 am - Eugene, OR
Well, you need to sit back and relax about your last 22 pounds then.  Losing all your excess weight in just three months is unheard of, and I'm wondering if it's all that healthy.  No doubt you will lose more weight, but I don't think it will happen tomorrow. Linda

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

Most Active