Gastric Bypass and 3.5 years later considering Lapband

MsBatt
on 6/4/08 2:41 pm
If you've already lost 300 pounds, and you have another 80 to lose, rather than adding a Band I think you'd be better off with making your bypass more distal. This will increase your malabsorption and give you a better chance of losing the rest of your weight. Come visit the DS board---that might be the better option for you.
Loris
on 6/4/08 8:53 pm - Midlothian, VA
You have accomplished so much!  Have you consulted with a plastic surgeon or two?  Perhaps you are done losing and the rest of your excess weight is actually excess skin.  Even if you can't afford plastic surgery you really need to know where you stand in regard to this.  What is your BMI? After massive weight loss, some insurance companies will pay for reconstructive surgery.  I am so proud of you and I wish you well.  Loris

Loris  344/119@ 5'2" Below Goal                    
                                     Lower body lift  10/17/2007
                                     Upper body lift     1/23/2008

jonicorona
on 6/4/08 9:03 pm - Corona, CA
Molly,   You have done a great job!!!  I would consult with your doc or another doc about what you want. and see if plastic or the lap is a better option.  I went to your profile no pics??  I would really like to see your journey,  It is really inspiring to for all of us to take that journey with you through a photo history. In awe of your success Joni

Most Active